Sunday, July 14, 2013

Dr. Seuss Inspiration

And I'm back. I finished reading Pride and Prejudice (maybe my new favorite book?), chatted with one of my roommates who came by to visit me, caught up with a fellow former RA, and now I am taking a quick Internet break before jumping back into Lessons in French. While reading through my Twitter feed, I came across this article posted by USA TODAY College titled "13 Dr. Seuss Quotes to Live By." I was, and still am, a huge Dr. Seuss fan, and Jasmine, the author of the article is very right in saying what we learned from Dr. Seuss weren't just childhood teachings, but lifelong lessons. Thanks to Pinterest, I am already dreaming of what I am going to do with the book "Oh, The Places You'll Go" for my future kids.

The cutest idea ever (Source)
Anyway, Dr. Suess quotes are some of my very favorite quotes, so I thought I would share a few of them with you.
  • "You're off to great places. Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, so.. get on your way."
  • "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose."
  • "Everything stinks till it's finished."
  • "It is better to know how to learn than to know."
  • "Step with care and great tact. And remember that life's a great balancing act."
  • "A person's a person, no matter how small."
And finally, 
  • “Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regrets. Appreciate your friends. Continue to learn. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.”
And with that, I am off to find something to entertain myself at the desk for the next four hours. I hope you enjoyed this walk down memory lane!

1 comment:

  1. I love Dr. Seuss...particularly that book! So glad you liked Pride and Prejudice so much! Definitely one of my favorites. I've probably read it 4 times....which I don't do for any book other than Harry Potter and Born to Run, ha.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS