Saturday, July 27, 2013

My Skeet Shooting Experience

Happy Saturday, everyone! I know it has been a while since I have checked in with you guys, but that is because I have literally been working, reading Harry Potter, watching Full House, and squeezing in a workout every now and then. I haven't been the most exciting person lately, and my workouts haven't been anything out of the ordinary, which has resulted in me taking a slight break from fitness & froyo. I apologize, but I hope you will forgive me after this exciting post.

Breakfast

We had a very bizarre and unexpected thunder (and lightning) storm last night, and it was still a little bit gray this morning, not giving me much motivation to get out of bed. I eventually got up and out of bed, made a quick trip to Central Market for some produce, and came back to make some scrambled egg whites, spinach, and salsa. I made an especially good batch today, and I ate it alongside some blueberries, watermelon, and red grapes.


After breakfast I was quick to get ready because Jamie Lynn and I were going over to Dylan's house at 9:30am to go on a skeet shooting adventure. Jamie Lynn received a shotgun for her 21st birthday, and Dylan and his brothers and roommate all have a few shotguns of their own, so we decided a trip to the shooting range had to happen. We stopped at Academy to buy some ammo, and then we were on our way. Dylan gave me a crash course on how to shoot, and I will be the first to tell you that you have to be all in it in order to succeed. Everything from how to load the gun safely, to your stance, to keeping your eye in line with the bead on the end of the gun matters. I had a tough first couple of rounds in that I was still trying to keep everything straight, but Station Four was my station. I finally got into a groove, and I had a lot of fun doing it. That feeling of hitting that moving target for the first time was enough to bring a huge grin to my face.



Jamie Lynn, Dylan, and Ben are all fairly experienced shooters, and they were excellent instructors. I had a lot of fun listening, watching, and learning from them, and this is definitely something that I would love to do again.

Those who shoot together, stay together, right? 
Roomie bonding
Lunch

After making a quick stop to drop off the guns at Dylan's house, we all went out to lunch at one of my very favorite restaurants - Galaxy Cafe. I went for the garden salad with grilled chicken, and it was excellent, as per usual.


And if you are like me and fear cars sneaking into your lane as they are turning, the term for it is "uclipse."


After lunch, Jamie Lynn and I headed back to the Clubhouse where I sat around for awhile before hitting the gym for a run. I followed the exact same 45-minute treadmill workout that I created last Sunday. I was nice and sweaty by the end of it, but time flew by because ABC Family is having a Harry Potter Weekend, and the fourth Harry Potter movie was playing on one of the TV's right in front of my treadmill. It was the best way to run five miles!

And with that, I'm off to shower and head to work. I hope your Saturday has been as wonderful as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS