Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Laughter

This may be the cheesiest blog post I ever write, but upon going to sleep last night, I couldn't help but reflect on just how good laughter is for the soul. 

As I mentioned in my last post, one of my YoungLife teammates is headed to Nepal this weekend, and those of us that are still in Austin for the summer wanted to take him out to dinner one last time before he leaves, as he will be gone until early August. We settled upon Kerbey Lane, and as it always is when I am with my team, I was constantly laughing. They are just such joyful people, and they always put me in an exponentially better mood. After dinner, we went back to my house for dessert, and when I suggested taking a picture to remember the occasion. My idea for a cute picture quickly turned into an attempt at a hipster band picture, and I think we pull it off pretty darn well.




And for something that still has me laughing to myself, and something that has to be mentioned solely because they brought fitness & froyo into it, is a Twitter conversation that I had last night with three of my former teachers. The fact that I was conversing with three of my high school teachers via social media is a pretty funny situation in itself, and I was in a fit of laughter when two of them talked about having an 80's movie dance party to see who would be lucky enough to have me teaching at their school with them. That's when the third teacher jumped in with this tweet, 


so I knew I had to give them a shout out on today's post. They were by far three of my favorite teachers, and in all seriousness, I would love to work with any of them one day in the future. There would be lots of laughs, that's for sure.

Add in an 11:30pm Backstreet Boys and Taylor Swift dance party with two of my roommates, and my heart was very happy upon going to sleep last night. I am lucky to be surrounded by such wonderful people in all aspects of my life, and that they keep me laughing at all hours of the day.

Breakfast

Now onto something that you might actually want to read about: breakfast! I have the early shift at SRD today, so I took advantage of that and waited until I got to work to have breakfast. I'm still in that breakfast rut I talked about last week, and my favorite yogurt breakfast is helping to remedy that problem. I had a big bowl of vanilla yogurt mixed with chopped walnuts, raisins, and coconut flakes, and my very first peach on the side. My roommates couldn't believe that I had never before eaten a peach, so I made sure to buy one at Central Market this weekend. It was delicious, and I also can't believe that it took me over 21 years to try a peach. I used to be a very picky eater, so if anything sounded the least bit exotic to me, I immediately assumed that I wouldn't like it. College has really helped me to break out of that shell.



As for today's workout, I am hoping to get in a swim at Gregory after work, and maybe even a little stroll around Town Lake. I was a little bit bummed when I walked outside to 70-degree weather this morning on my way to SRD, because it was the perfect weather for a run, but maybe we'll have similar temperatures tomorrow, too. Though we are in Texas, so the weather is always a mystery. Have a great Tuesday, and enjoy what I hope is a shortened week for you. I'm heading home tomorrow to spend a couple of days in Houston, and I am very excited - I will be sure to post on my Fourth of July adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS