Sunday, July 28, 2013

Current State of Mind

And another week is in the books. This summer is absolutely flying by, and I officially have only one more month until the first day of my senior year of college. But a month is a very long time, and I intend to make the best of every minute of it. It has been another great Sunday, and I even have another survey for you guys to enjoy. Bear with me, because this is a long one, and I feel as though some of my answers are pretty repetitive, but I thought it was a fun (and challenging!) one.

I feel.. tired, but so very happy. I feel like this summer, and these past few days especially, have been very go-go-go, but in the absolute best way possible. I've had virtually nothing to stress about, and it has been full of new adventures.

Veloway
Skeet Shooting 
Comal River + Gruene
I want.. for everyone around me to know just how much they mean to me, and how much they have impacted my life thus far. Cheesy, but true!

I have.. a whole lot to be thankful for. Which brings me to..

I am thankful for.. my wonderful friends, teammates, and roommates, and just the community that I have here in Austin; my incredible support system in my family back in Houston; living in Austin; the fact that my parents pay for me to attend this wonderful university; professors that are equipping me to go out into the real world; legs and lungs that allow me to run; and a lot lot more.

My favorite crew 
The best roommates a girl could ask for

I would like to.. travel the world, run a marathon, and check every single item off of my always-expanding bucket list. I'll have to share that with you guys sometime!

Cousins in Paris
I dream about.. opening my own bakery, filled with treats that are both healthy and delicious.

I prefer.. books to movies. The book is always better. Always.

I am passionate about.. Jesus, living a healthy and balanced lifestyle, spending time with my friends and family, and (hopefully) making a difference in high school-aged students' lives. 

I am happy when.. I manage to catch a sunrise or sunset that takes my breath away.


I am looking forward to.. my upcoming trip to San Francisco with my mom. As you know, I have been watching quite a bit of Full House lately, which is making me even more excited to go.

I have never.. had a cup of coffee. And I'm hoping to never break that streak, though I have heard that first year of teaching almost requires it.

I would never.. support a Dallas sports team. Growing up in Houston, and having lots of family members who live in Philadelphia, cheering for the Cowgirls, Rangers, or Mavericks is something close to committing murder.

Hometown heros
I am always able to get cheered up.. with a surprise handwritten note or letter. They are my absolute favorite.

I enjoy.. running, reading, writing, swimming, baking, and absolutely anything outdoorsy.


I appreciate.. politeness. Working at the front desk of SRD this summer has taught me that when people mind their manners, I am far more willing to do everything I can to answer their questions.

I know.. that love is what makes this world go round. And it's truly as simple as that!

I used to.. stress out A LOT about school and my future in general, but I have learned to take everything as it comes, and that I can plan and plan and plan, but that plan might not be what God has for me. It makes things a lot less stressful - knowing that all I have to do is work my hardest, and that things will work out as they should.

I never expected.. to become a YoungLife leader, and just to have the college experience that I have had. If you asked me what I was expecting when I started college, I'm not sure what my answer would have been, but it is certainly not what I have now. But I wouldn't trade my college experience for anything.




I wish.. I had my own personal frozen yogurt machine, that made fro-yo that tasted like it does when it comes from an actual frozen yogurt establishment. Hey, a girl can dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS