Tuesday, July 23, 2013

SRD Life

This post is going to be very SRD-heavy, as I have spent quite a bit of time here these past two days. I had a few scary car troubles yesterday morning on my way to work, and I was in quite the panic. Thankfully, it turned out to be easily fixable, but those few hours where I wasn't sure what was going on with it made me feel extra thankful that I even have a car to get me where I need to be, and thankful that I have friends and family who were very quick to jump to my aid.

My Monday could only go up from there, and my shift at work passed fairly quickly. Just before leaving SRD for the day to go deal with my car, I enjoyed a delicious lunch of tortilla-crusted tilapia with a side of broccoli and some unpictured tabouli salad. Everything was delicious, and I really want to try recreating this meal on my own.


Anyway, after I got home from the shop, I biked back over to SRD where I thought I was going to complete another one of my treadmill workouts. When I got there, however, I remembered the Monday SRD Bootcamp tradition of running laps around the building. Now, it was approximately 5:00pm and just north of 100 degrees outside, but I still felt like switching up my workout routine and doing something that I knew would challenge me. And challenge me it did. Plus, there's something about completing a tough workout in the Texas heat. Anyway, I came up with nine different exercises that I could do as I made my way along the west side of the building. As soon as I got to the front of the building, I ran the remainder of the way around the building, down the waiter parking lot, and up the stairs back to my starting point.

Here are the nine different exercises I completed:
  • Front lunges
  • Backward lunges
  • Bear crawls
  • Backward bear crawls
  • High knees
  • Bounds
  • Reverse bounds
  • Right-leg shuffle
  • Left-leg shuffle

I was sufficiently sweaty by the end of my workout, but I think this workout would be a fun one to do with a group of friends around your neighborhood.

I stayed up a little bit later than usual reading Harry Potter, so I let myself sleep in a bit this morning. Especially since my only method of transportation right now is my bike, it's not like I could really go anywhere too far. I got up and started reading Harry Potter before making myself a breakfast of scrambled egg whites, sauteed spinach, and salsa, with a side of delicious fruit. It kept me going for another hour or two of reading Harry Potter. This is what happens when I start reading Harry Potter, I want to do nothing else. That's why I need to finish the series before the semester starts!



I eventually decided it would be a good idea to get in a workout before work, so I biked on over to Gregory where I completed a mile and a half swim, before returning back home to use my very ripe bananas in making two batches of my banana-oatmeal-almond butter muffins. After I had baked my muffins, showered, and gotten myself ready, my sweet roommate Natalie dropped me off at SRD, where I promptly made myself a delicious salad topped with grilled chicken, black olives, and cherry tomatoes. SRD had some leftover tabouli salad, so I snagged a bowl of that as well. I tried snapping a picture, but the quality wasn't great, so it is still going unpictured. If I ever make it myself, I'll be sure to snap a pic!


And now it's time for me to get back to work - lots of move-in packets to put together! Have a great rest of your Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS