Monday, June 17, 2013

Arm Workout + A Belated Father's Day

This post is coming one day late, but to be honest, I just didn't feel much like blogging yesterday. I had a busy (and somewhat hectic) desk shift yesterday, picked up one of my roommates as she returned from a week-long YoungLife camp with her girls, and walked around Town Lake with an elementary school friend. So when I got home around 7:00pm, I showered, put on my pajamas, and was more than content with perusing Pinterest while watching the Spurs game. But it is now Monday, and I am back in action.

I had the 10am to 2pm shift at the desk yesterday, giving me plenty of time to squeeze in a workout before I had to be at SRD. I walked the three-mile loop around Town Lake before heading to the gym to complete an arm workout. The arm workout ended up being slightly subpar, but it's better than nothing, right? Anyway, my arm workout looked like this, and I think it could have been made more difficult simply by using heavier weights, or increasing the number of reps.

And though I was not home to celebrate Father's Day with my dad (for the second year in a row - does that qualify me for the worst daughter award?), I made sure to send home a card so that it would get there before Sunday, and I am hoping he knows how much he means to me every other day of the year as well. 




I am a daddy's girl in every sense of the word. My dad means the absolute world to me, and I am so thankful that he has always been such a big part of my life - from coaching my sports team to funding those club volleyball years to always saying yes to a Baskin Robbins or Barnes and Noble run to being my biggest fan in everything I ever do. He is the first person I call when I have car trouble, he tries all of my baked goods, I was lucky enough to get his olive complexion, he tries and tries to teach me the value of a dollar, and he was my very first blog follower, and that in itself deserves a special award. Thanks for everything you have ever done, and everything you will continue to do for me, and know that I will forever be your little girl. I love you!

And as for today, there is nothing too exciting to report except for the fact that I tried my hand at another Pinterest recipe, and though it looked extremely promising, I think I may have included a few too many chocolate chips on top. A few of my friends so kindly reassured me by saying there is no such thing as too much chocolate. I would have to agree! Have a great rest of your Monday!

Oreo chocolate brownie cake

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS