Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Track Morning

I apologize for once again disappearing from the blogging world for a couple of days, but Sunday and Monday were both fairly busy days for me, and I didn't really have much to blog about. Amira left early Sunday morning after a three-mile walk around Town Lake and a JuiceLand run, where I indulged in my first green smoothie. I ordered the Hawaii Five Green smoothie, which contains pineapple, mango, spirulina, and lemon. Neither Amira nor I knew what spirulina was, and upon further investigation, I learned that it is some kind of algae. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the fact that I just drank algae, but it tasted great, so I guess I can't complain too much.


Yesterday was a busy day full of work and hanging out (literally) with some of my YoungLife girls, and though I feel like I was running all over Austin, it was a very good day.


Workout

After a good night's sleep, I woke up this morning around 7:15am, planning to head to Town Lake to complete my favorite three-mile loop before a 10am Body Pump class, but as I excited the freeway, I changed my mind a little bit. Austin High School is located right across the street from Town Lake (lucky them!), and I decided instead to complete a very simple 2-mile track workout. In my opinion, sprinting is the hardest workout I can put myself through, so my decision to complete two miles of sprinting the straightaways and walking the curves was a tough one, but a good one. I started really feeling it in my legs by about the sixth lap, but I pushed through to the end. I finished the entire workout in about 25 minutes, which allowed me just enough time for a walk around the lake before heading to 24 for Body Pump.


I never get tired of this view
I would love to make that a regular part of my workout routine, eventually getting to the point where I can add a little bit of distance each time, but we'll see how well that plan holds up!

Body Pump was also great, and the fact that this class is always wall-to-wall people says a lot about how great the instructor is. She is easily my favorite instructor at 24, as she also teaches my favorite Austin spin class. She is sassy but encouraging, while still putting us through a challenging workout, all at the same time. I anticipate some soreness tomorrow, mainly because I do not do Body Pump on a regular basis. I am hoping to change that this year, though!

Lunch

After a shower and a couple of errands, I headed over to SRD for the afternoon shift. I came over a little bit early so that I could make myself lunch before my shift began. Potato crusted cod was on the menu for today, which I normally love, but I opted for another one of my grilled chicken salads with a side of fresh strawberries. My lunch was both delicious and refreshing.



And now I am going to finish up my shift here before deciding what the rest of the evening holds. I am thinking something low-key, but you never know what might pop up! Have a great rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS