Monday, June 3, 2013

California, Here We Come

October 17th, 2013 will be the day my mom and I embark on our journey to San Francisco. I will be participating in the 10th anniversary Nike Women's Half Marathon on October 20th, so we are going to make a long weekend out of it. After a few months of waiting, registration finally opened this morning, and I absolutely cannot wait. I have been to California many a time, as my grandparents used to live there, but I have never before been to San Francisco, and I have plenty of items on my San Francisco to-do list.
Golden Gate Bridge (Source)
Coit Tower (Source)
Alcatraz (Source)
The Full House house (Source)
The left-handers store (Source)
Most importantly, I will be completing the Nike Women's Half Marathon, which is a race throughout the many hills of San Francisco. And at the end of the race, assuming I finish, I will be presented with a special Tiffany necklace by a San Francisco firefighter. I can't say that's not some good motivation to finish the race!
(Source)
Normally when my mom and I travel just the two of us, we were gearing up for an entire weekend of volleyball, but this time we will be able to do a lot of exploring a beautiful city. I am very excited about that, and I am also very excited for this half marathon, though I know it will involve some late-summer training, and it will be a risky trip to take right in the middle of what is sure to be a crazy school schedule. However, I don't think I am going to regret this trip, and I just had to take advantage of the automatic entry, given to me because I am still a college student. Next thing on our list - booking our flights! If you have any "must-see," "must-do," "must-eat" while in San Francisco, please send them my way. I love planning trips, and I especially love planning trips that consist of cramming a lot of into a little amount of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS