Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Remember to Smile

Before I brag about how domestic I have been today, I will talk about the title of this post. I woke up around 7:15 this morning and headed over to Town Lake to complete my favorite three-mile loop, when this sign caught my eye.


I imagine the sign has been there the entire time, but today was the first day I noticed it. Naturally, I couldn't help but stop and take a picture, and post it on Instagram, because in my opinion, there is always a reason to smile, no matter what life throws your way. Sometimes it's hard to find the positive, but just think of what you have, instead of what you don't have, and I guarantee that will bring a smile to your face.

Workout

Like I said, I went on an early-morning walk around Town Lake this morning shortly after waking up. I love going between the time of 7:00am and 8:00am, because the before-work crowd has typically finished their workouts, and the later-morning crowd has not yet arrived, so the trail is not quite as packed as it could be. I returned home to make breakfast and do a little bit of cleaning before hitting the gym for a 10:00am Body Pump class. It had been about a month since I last took Body Pump, so I took the weights a little lighter than usual, but my arms will still burning during the chest and lunge track, as usual. I am anticipating some soreness tomorrow, but sometimes soreness reminds me that I got in a good workout, and there's not many feelings better than that one!

Lunch

Today's lunch was enjoyed courtesy of SRD. I didn't start work until 2:00pm today, but today's lunch was one of my favorites, so I came over a little bit early so that I could eat lunch before my shift started. Today's menu featured a make-your-own Caesar salad with grilled chicken, so I piled lots of lettuce on my plate, topped it with a heaping spoonful of grilled chicken, added a few mushrooms, chopped tomatoes, and black olives, and poured a little balsamic vinaigrette on top. It was delicious, and I ate every bite.


Domestic Goddess

I am just going to take a minute and brag about how domestic I have been so far today, and I have some solid plans to clean my bathroom later tonight. Sometimes I lead a really exciting life. Anyway, so far today I have:
  • Purchased and mailed a Father's Day card
  • Went grocery shopping
  • Did my laundry (and I folded it and put it away)
  • Started and emptied the dishwasher
  • Cleaned out the Clubhouse refrigerator and freezer
  • Cleaned the entire kitchen
I have a checklist of a random assortment of things to complete this week, so it feels good to get some of these things checked off so early in the week. Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS