Friday, June 14, 2013

Fitspiration


Hi, everyone! I know I just posted a novel of a blog post, but I have a fun (and hopefully motivating) blog post for you today. A while ago, a woman named Michelle Pino, who is a Spa Manager at a spa inn in Verona, NY, reached out to me about creating a post that would help readers find what inspires them. She told me that the "daily stresses and life's challenges make it so important to make health a priority, and should inspire us to treat our body right." I completely agree, and I was so excited that she reached out to me. So, without further ado, here is my part in helping you find what inspires you (which is what I hope this blog has been helping you to do all along).

Michelle's board (Photo credit: Lululemon Hoodie | Golf Course | Yellowstone | Squash Recipe | Food Chart)
Ever since I was a kid I have been active - either in sports or just playing outside. So it comes as no surprise that I still love being outside, and I happen to live in a city that allows me to take my exercise routine outside, and to get creative with them. There are so many fun activities that people don't even realize count as exercise until the next day, when you wake up with a sore core that hurts so good. One of my favorite parts about living in Austin, Texas is Lady Bird Lake - for the incredible views it offers, as well as the numerous water activities. One of my favorites is Stand Up Paddleboarding, also known as SUP. It works your entire body - your arms in paddling the board, your core in stabilizing on the board, and you might even get a nice tan. It's an easy and fun way to get out of your exercise rut.

Still need some exercise motivation? Put together a playlist of all your favorite tunes. One of my favorite music libraries is Spotify, but there are so many out there that will allow you to customize your workout playlist that will keep you moving all workout long.

So, you've found some exercise motivation, now you need something to exercise in. One of my personal favorite items are Nike Tempo Shorts. They are loose, comfortable, and come in a variety of fun colors.

They say that abs are made in the kitchen, meaning maintaining a healthy diet is a huge part of your fitness success story. One of my absolute favorite healthy snacks is a recipe from my own kitchen. I call them banana-oatmeal-almond butter muffins, and the best part about them is that you can customize them to be your very own. Munch on one to give you fuel for your morning workout, or enjoy a couple as snacks throughout the day.


The bottom line is this: make exercise fun, and something that you enjoy doing. Fuel your body with food that is both nutritious and delicious, and I guarantee you will be both happy and healthy!

1 comment:

  1. Your article is very helpful.Everyday your blog inspire me a lot and helped to develop something new like I have developed a new app :spotify apk premium this is great and enjoyable.Thanks for the awesome posts , please keep updated regularly.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS