Wednesday, June 5, 2013

National Running Day

Happy National Running Day! I have not gone on a run in a couple of days, and I probably won't today either (it's Wednesday, the day of my favorite Austin spin class), but I still love celebrating a day dedicated to one of my favorite past times. Running gives me a feeling that is unlike any other, and there is nothing quite like finishing a long, sweaty run. I love running because you can run anytime, anywhere, and it is the best way to discover hidden gems in a new city. There's something special about running through the streets of the same neighborhood I've lived in since I was just three years old, and there's nothing quite like the views I'm awarded when I run anywhere in Austin.


So, now that I got that out of my system, I will share a quick arm workout with you guys. After I got off work yesterday at 2:00pm, I walked over to Gregory to take advantage of the sunshine and warm weather. I swam 80 laps before drying off and hitting the Gregory weight room for the first, and what is likely the last, time to complete a short arm workout. I haven't done one of these in a while, so add that to an hour of kayaking later that night, and I have some jello arms today!
I waited 30 seconds between each round, and one minute before moving onto the next superset
After a shower and a snack, I picked up my friend Dylan for an evening of adventure. My plan was to take him kayaking, to grab a quick dinner, and then go to my very favorite spot in Austin, but we ended up kayaking quite a long way, and I was pretty famished by the end of it, so we ended up grabbing dinner at Shady Grove, deciding we would save my favorite spot for another night.



And now I'm off to get ready for my noon spin class, shower, eat lunch, and work from 2pm-6pm. Not a bad Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS