Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The First Fiasco

It was inevitable. I had a little mishap this morning, something that I should know how to take care of, but it was something my mom usually takes care of for me. Sarah and I made a trip to the supermarket this morning after breakfast where we purchased some strawberries for only one euro - such a great deal on that normally very pricey fruit! I was taking them out of the bag to put them in the refrigerator when the juice splashed all over my (of course) white shirt, leaving a very pretty candy-cane shaped stain. I also managed to get it on my white sheets, but thankfully those were the only two places it went. I had a moment of panic, as I don't really have easy access to a washing machine, nor do I have any bleach. I have a mini Tide-to-go pen, but let's be real, for a stain this size, it wasn't really going to do anything. Luckily, Sarah had some Woolite that I used to handwash the shirt, and while the stain is not completely out, it is getting there, so I am hanging it to dry and I will try to use some more Woolite later. Who knows if that is the correct procedure? It was just weird having something like this happen and even if I were able to pick up the phone and call my mom, it is not like she would have even been awake! I am hoping I followed the correct procedures, but fortunately for me, there are tons of H&M stores around here, so buying a new, cheap white shirt shouldn't be too much of a challenge. Hope that's okay with my parents! If that's the only thing that happens to me this trip, I will consider myself pretty darn lucky! I survived my first foreign fiasco, let's hope I can take any other mishaps thrown my way in stride!
The sheets 
All that is left of the stain on the shirt - not too bad if I do say so myself! I am hoping that by the time we get back tonight there will be no trace of that annoying stain left!
On a more positive note, we saw some beautiful green birds on our way to the supermarket - everything here is just so different from what I am used to, but it is all so beautiful!


I am off to my language orientation - fingers crossed that it goes well and that I haven't lost all of my Spanish skills from fall semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS