Wednesday, May 2, 2012

It's Gonna Be MAY

I know that today is actually the second day of May, but I just couldn't pass up that title! N'sync anyone?
(Source)
Guys, it's MAY. This year is already a third of the way done. I can't believe it - I am about to go to my final cultural anthropology class and discussion, and tomorrow is my last day of class for the entire semester. I still have three papers and two exams until my semester is officially done, but hey, not having to go to class certainly makes things a lot easier! The last day of class will make for a great day, as I am currently a little bit put out because I found out yesterday that I am .17 points away from not having to take my final astronomy exam, but since I am so close to the cut-off, I want to see if I can get my grade just a little bit higher. I don't really have time to study for this exam, but hey, that's life! You can be sure that at some point I am going to throw myself a celebratory party in honor of being done with astronomy FOREVER! I bet you guys are really shocked to hear that I am not changing my major to astronomy.

Workout + Breakfast

6am came early. This is my fourth day in a row of waking up at 6am and I am definitely feeling it. The fact that I have been going to bed later and later than I usually do makes it even worse. Today was the second-to-last day of bootcamp, and like every other Wednesday, we did some intense kickboxing. I really enjoyed it today, but my arms definitely felt fatigued. We do quite a few punching and kicking combinations, as well as some cardio and weight blasts thrown into the mix. We have done burpees (eek!), squat jumps, lunges, dumbbell pushups, and high knees, just to name a few. Each move that we do targets multiple areas and I never get bored, as we are constantly changing up our routines. I rounded out my workout with 20 minutes on the elliptical while reading a magazine and planning out the rest of my day and wondering how in the world I am going to get everything done!

After a refreshing shower, I headed down to breakfast to fuel my body for the upcoming day I have ahead of me. I ate my usual cup of yogurt, as well as some delicious turkey bacon. I have never been a big bacon fan, but this smelled so good that I decided to give it a try, and what do you know, I liked it! It really hit the spot and provided me with some good protein!
Papers EVERYWHERE! Welcome to the last week of class - when every professor thinks their class is the only one in which you are enrolled
Now I am off to study before heading to class - Happy Wednesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS