Sunday, May 6, 2012

Two Weeks

I bet you guys know what statement is coming next.. TWO WEEKS UNTIL SPAIN. It still hasn't really hit me yet, as I am in the middle of a very school-filled week, but come Friday at 5:00pm, I will officially be done with my sophomore year of college (WEIRD!) and free to think about all things Spain. That means coming up with a packing list, a list of things to buy, a list of things I want to do while I am in Europe, and restaurants that must be visited before I leave the country for six weeks. What can I say, I love food!

Today has been a full and (somewhat) productive day. I started out on the right note with a church service at Austin Stone, and never really stopped moving since then. I am really working hard to get a solid rough draft of one of my papers done tonight, but I am struggling, and I already had three pages out of the ten written! I am so close to being done, I just need to hold on for about 96 more hours!
On my study grind!
Workout + Dinner

Before I worked the desk, I headed downstairs for a treadmill sprint workout inspired by PBFingers. Let me tell you something, it was tough. It had me sprinting and walking fast, and there was not much of a break between sprints. I think I have mentioned a few times before that I am not much for sprinting, but it sure gets my heart rate up quickly and makes for a great workout!

I then finished up my workout with some ab and leg work that featured some planks, squats, jump rope, lunges, jumping jacks, and exercise ball crunches. I am having to find new ways to incorporate strength training into my daily workouts, as that is one thing that I really did like about SRD bootcamp - it got me doing things I had never done before, and though I didn't like some of it, it at least managed to get me out of my comfort zone.

Dinner tonight was a delicious one, as I met my YoungLife team at one of my Austin favorites - Galaxy Cafe for one last team dinner before we all parted ways for the summer. I always have the best time when I am with my team, and being the mature college kids that we are, food was both played with and thrown across the table at each other. What else can you expect from people who hang out with middle school kids for fun?
Some of my wonderful team!
I enjoyed a grilled fish taco with some black beans on the side, and it was delicious. I hadn't had a fish taco in a while, and that is one of my absolute favorite meals. I also endured some teasing at the expense of this picture, so y'all better enjoy it!


These are always so funny! I can say that I definitely do not have jiffylust! I dig right in!
Some of my team follows me on Instagram, the app on which I take most of the pictures found on my blog - the majority of my pictures being of food. They laugh that they can scroll through my pictures if they ever want to know what I have had to eat one day!

After we all parted ways, my friend Alex and I decided that we still had room for frozen yogurt (duh, don't I always?), and walked on over to Yogurt Planet to indulge in a little dessert. I wish I had a picture to show you, but unfortunately my phone died and I had nothing on which to capture my concoction - but I can assure you that it was delicious! Alex studied abroad in Paris last summer, so we were talking about my upcoming trip to Barcelona and how much fun I am going to have. She actually visited Barcelona last summer while she was in Europe and absolutely LOVED it, which just made me more excited to leave in just two short weeks. She also informed me of a place in London that I just have to visit, called The Texas Embassy. A little piece of Texas while I am traveling around a foreign country? Sign me up! I cannot wait and I cannot believe that in two weeks I will be on my plane, hopefully catching some z's.

Speaking of, I hope to catch some z's sometime soon! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS