Saturday, May 19, 2012

Last Day

This is it. My last day in America (for six weeks, anyway). It has been a beautiful day full of sunshine and last-minute packing. Or in my case, it has been a beautiful day to start packing. Luckily, my flight isn't until 4:20 tomorrow afternoon, so I still have some time, but I would prefer not to have to rely on that. It would be nice to finish packing tonight, but in order to do that, I should probably get off of my computer, huh?

I feel like I am taking so much stuff, but I have also had to part with so many of the clothes and shoes that I thought I was going to be taking with me. It's like a little piece of my heart breaks each time my mom tells me I can't bring something. I know I will be grateful for her instruction when I get there, but for now, it is just sad! I am also hoping my mom is as good a packer as she says she is, because it is going to take some serious packing skills to fit all of this into one suitcase and a carry-on!



Y'all, I'm leaving for Europe TOMORROW. In 24 hours I will be somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean, hopefully managing to get a little bit of rest! I thought I would have had some sort of anxiety attack by now, but I am so ready for this. I know that there are many things I will miss about being abroad- my family, my friends, peanut butter - but I am so excited for this opportunity. The program with which I am going, IES, has done an excellent job in making sure that we feel ready for the adventure ahead, and they have kept in constant communication with us. I know that has definitely helped to keep my parents (and me) calm. I personally am really not nervous at all, and after looking at pictures of my dorm, my excitement level skyrocketed. It's like SRD moved to Spain!





All images were found here
I just cannot wait for my very first view of Barcelona - you better believe I will be snapping millions of pictures, looking like such a tourist! I can't wait to share my adventures with you guys, and I hope to take advantage of every little thing that I can - you only live once, right?

See y'all in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. My boyfriend is in Barcelona right now. He says it's beautiful and that there is just so much to do! Hope you have a great time! And be safe!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS