Sunday, May 20, 2012

No Day But Today

Guys, I leave for Spain today. Well, if we are being technical, I don't leave for Spain until tomorrow, but I begin my journey today with a nice, long eight-hour flight from Houston to Frankfurt, Germany. In just a couple of hours, my parents will be driving me to the airport and I will be getting ready to say adios to them while they will probably be shouting last-minute safety advice at me as I head to my terminal. It's surreal, and I can't believe that the day has finally come. I am beyond excited, and honestly, not even a little bit nervous. Okay, maybe I am a little nervous about having to keep up with all of my important documents, and in regards to how I am going to carry all of my luggage, but other than that, I am so ready to begin this adventure.

I am all packed up, and believe it or not, everything fit! Barely. I am already well aware of the fact that I am going to have to purchase a cheap duffle bag before I leave and just pay to have that checked on the way home because my bags are already stuffed. I am only going to be there for six weeks, but there is still so much stuff that I feel as though I must have. I am sure that, like everyone else, there will be plenty of clothes that won't get worn and there will be plenty of unused items. Better safe than sorry, that's my motto - at least on the packing front!

It wouldn't be fitnessandfroyo if I didn't end my post with talk of my last American workout (don't worry, working out will not fall by the wayside while I am in Spain - we have some beach runs planned, and our dorm has a gym, so there is no excuse for getting out of shape, it just won't be my first priority)! After a delicious waffle breakfast, I did some last-minute packing and headed up to the MAC for the last time for a few months. It was a very emotional trip for me (kidding), but it was a great last workout before I spend a bajillion hours sitting in airports and on airplanes. I started off with this 50-minute treadmill workout:




And I followed it up with 15 easy minutes on the elliptical as I watched Miss Congeniality. Such a great movie. I then finished with two rounds of this leg workout, which I am sure will leave me sore tomorrow!

Exercise
Reps
Walking lunges
30
Squats
50
One-leg press
18 each leg
Sumo Squats
30


This will be the trip of a lifetime for Sarah and I, and I am so blessed to have this opportunity. My parents are the absolute greatest, I am sure it is a little nerve-wracking to send your only daughter to a foreign country for six weeks, but I have already told them I will keep in touch via email and my blog. I might even Skype them if they can figure out how it works! I am hoping all of you will keep in touch via Facebook, Twitter, and my blog -  I am not sure how much time will be devoted to social media, but I do hope that y'all will keep in touch - it will make my day to hear from you guys!

I am hoping to grab some Hungry's on my way to the airport, as I don't think there is any better "last meal" than food from my all-time favorite restaurant! Off to soak up my last hour or so at home - see y'all in Germany!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS