Friday, May 4, 2012

May the Fourth Be With You

I am not a Star Wars fan in any way, shape, or form, but I figured this catchy saying would make a good title for a blog post! It is also fitting that today is the official last day of class before dead days and finals. My last day of class was actually yesterday, as I have been lucky enough to not have any Friday classes this semester. It has been nice, but it unfortunately comes to an end, as next semester I have class from 11am-1pm on Fridays. I can't worry about that now, I need to focus on finishing this semester with a bang! My professors apparently felt celebratory about the last day of class as we ended with some poetry by Emily Dickinson and homemade chocolate chip cookies in my first English class of the day, 


and some refreshments and a slew of snacks such as chips and salsa, brownies, donuts, and some type of Polish dessert, that although I did not try, everyone around me said was delicious, to toast the end of a successful semester in my second English class of the day. It was a brand new class and I would say it was a very successful one, I always looked forward to going to class and I feel as though it will be very useful for me in my pursuit of a career in education. I also received an award for perfect attendance - it was like taking a trip back to elementary school!
My award for perfect attendance
Workout

Today was the last day of SRD bootcamp, but I skipped slept through my 6am alarm in favor of an extra hour of sleep. My sleep has been a victim of this crazy test-filled, paper-filled, activity-filled week, and I desperately needed more than six hours last night if I expect to get anything productive done today. So after hitting the snooze button a couple of times, I headed down to eat a quick yogurt breakfast before hitting Gregory Gym to swim some laps. It was, and still is, very overcast this morning, so it made for a dreary swim, but a good swim nonetheless. My body has just felt so tired lately, and it felt good to give it a good workout while also doing something very low-impact. I then came back to SRD and did 20 easy minutes on the elliptical while reading a new book (for fun!) and a little bit of ab work. It was a great way to start out my day and I hope to make it a productive one and really focus on working on some of those papers that are hanging over my head!

Question of the day:

How many of y'all received perfect attendance awards in elementary school? Did you receive any other fun awards?

In third, fourth, AND fifth grade, I received the "Can-Do Spirit" award - I guess my teachers thought I had a positive attitude or something! :)

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS