Friday, May 11, 2012

Sweet Summertime

Hello summer, it is nice to see you again, as it has been far too long since we have been in contact! I turned in my papers and finished my exam - that feeling just can't be beat! It has been one long, crazy semester, and I know i have said it a thousand times before, but I cannot believe that I am officially halfway done with college. It makes me sad that I only have two years left, but luckily, I still have two years left, so there is no reason for me to get sentimental right now!
Life of an English major
Now that I am officially done with all things school, I can completely and totally focus on my upcoming trip to SPAIN, packing up my room, and doing fun Austin-y things! I called my bank today to let them know that I would be overseas for six weeks beginning May 21st so that they wouldn't lock up my debit card - I am slowly crossing things off of that never-ending to-do list!

I still can't quite believe that this year has almost come to a close. I have started packing up my room, not ready to even think about the fact that I am about to move out of SRD for good. It has been one wild year, and I have been blessed to be a have been a part of so many amazing things.
  • I got to be a Resident Assistant for the best dorm in the world - Scottish Rite Dormitory - alongside some pretty wonderful people,




  • I completed my first full year of being a Wyldlife Leader, and my team and precious, wonderful, hilarious seventh grade girls have blessed me more than I ever thought possible,


  • I got a real-life glimpse into the teacher world


  • I crossed so many things off of my Austin Bucket List:
  • Eating trailer food
  • Watching the bats on Congress Bridge
  • I signed a lease on a house with seven of my closest friends,



and overall, I have just made some pretty awesome memories that will stay with me forever. To say that I am excited for this summer is an understatement, but it has been a pretty phenomenal year. Thanks to everyone who helped make this year what it was - I love y'all!

Now I am off to curl up in bed with my Kindle and hope that the rain starts falling soon! Good night, and Go Phillies!

1 comment:

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS