Sunday, May 13, 2012

One Week

Wasn't it just two weeks away? One month? Three months? Well, Spain is now just ONE week away. In one week, Sarah and I will be tackling the crazy Houston airport, preparing to board an eight-hour flight to Frankfurt, Germany. Holy cow - one week! I still can't believe it! Luckily, I managed to get a LOT done yesterday in the way of little last-minute errands (I am sure I will have plenty more in the next week), and I feel a little bit more prepared. Can one ever feel fully prepared to live in a different country for six weeks? 

Thing 1 and Thing 2 take SPAIN!


Prepared or not, I am STOKED! This is going to be the adventure of a lifetime, and I intend to take advantage of every minute! For those of you who have spent an extended amount of time overseas, any secrets regarding what to bring and what to leave at home? I know packing will be stressful, but I am hoping to approach it with a strategy to keep my stress level as low as possible. At church this morning I couldn't help but smile, as I felt completely at peace about my upcoming trip, which has definitely not always been the case!

I also hope that all of you will keep in touch through my blog, I am planning on this being my primary form of communication, and I would love to stay updated on y'alls lives through comments on here! Hearing from y'all will make my day, I guarantee it!

Meanwhile, instead of making a packing list, I am making a list of all of the restaurants in Houston that I have to go to before I take off on May 20th. What place tops my list?

You guessed it - Berripop!


Not far behind are Hungry's, Ruggles Green, and Cyclone Anaya's. I am also hoping that I can sneak in a few of my dad's home-cooked meals, he is seriously the best cook I know!


I can't end this post without saying Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there! I hope you enjoyed a delicious breakfast in bed, received lots of hugs and kisses from your loved ones, and maybe even a few special gifts - flowers, chocolate, Tory Burch sunglasses? I am unfortunately not able to celebrate mother's day with my mom, as I am still in Austin finishing out my RA duties for the year, but I couldn't let the day pass without a shout out to this special lady!
"all that I am and all that I hope to be, I owe to my mother, an angel of God"
Thank you for being the best role model a girl could ask for, always encouraging me to dream big, no matter how improbable they may have seemed, editing every single one of my papers - even when they are ten pages long - and loving me always. You are the best and I can't wait to see you!

Well, I am off to enjoy this fabulous Sunday! I hope that you do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS