Saturday, May 12, 2012

Last Shift

Here I am, sitting at the front desk, working my last shift of the year (well, until summer!), and I can't help but think back to my very first shift on August 17th, 2011. I remember I was so nervous because although I had just gone through extensive RA training, I still felt as though I didn't really know what I was doing. What if someone asked I question that I didn't know the answer to? What if I forgot to charge the walkie-talkie? What if I had to give someone a tour? I look back on those worries and laugh, because working the desk is a breeze, and if I didn't know the answer to something, I simply told them that, and then referred them to our registrar or administrator. Giving tours ended up being really fun, especially if they expressed extreme excitement about living here (who wouldn't?), and though I made my fair share of mistakes at the desk, I truly loved holding down the office, and I spent more hours in here than I ever thought possible. I was able to deal with some crazy phone calls, deliver mail, attempt to get studying done, and have life talks with some of my best friends. I don't think I am wrong in saying that I had the best job ever!

My first desk shift

My last desk shift
Workout

After going to bed before 10pm last night, I was up and ready to hit the ground running at 7am this morning. I decided to start my summer off right with a great workout, and a great workout it was. I did a 30-minute treadmill sprint workout inspired by PBFingers, though I changed up some of the speeds, and as always, it left me huffin' and puffin' - running at a speed of 10.0 is no joke! I then followed it up with an arm workout that looked like this:


Three sets of fifteen reps:
  • Exercise ball chest press (20)
  • Bicep curls --> Overhead press (15)
  • Tricep Pull-downs (15)
  • Lateral Raises (9)
  • Frontal Raises (9)
  • Exercise ball crunches (30)
  • Exercise ball side crunches (30)
  • Push-up position tricep extensions (28 - 14 each side)
I then cooled down with 20-minutes on the elliptical while reading a book - for FUN! I am hoping to get quite a bit of reading done this summer, and now is as good a time to start as ever!

After a shower and a delicious yogurt breakfast (only a few more left!), I walked down Guad to sell back the last of my books. I sold back twelve books, and how much money did I make? A whopping $40. I guess it's better than nothing, though!


I am hoping for a beautiful, sunny day today, so I can run some errands and just lay by the pool, soaking up the sun without any feelings of guilt! Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS