Thursday, May 17, 2012

Home Sweet Houston

I have been home for approximately 31 hours and I have already managed to visit many of my favorite places in Houston -





and Memorial Athletic Club, aka the MAC. What can I say? I have to work fast, I only have three days left in the States <-- Do I sound like a real European traveler yet? Anyway, I slept in until eight this morning before getting up to start my day. I ate a delicious waffle and blackberry breakfast and then read on the couch for about an hour before heading up to the MAC to tackle a "Beat Treadmill Boredom" workout created by PBFingers, and although it doesn't look like much, it is. The minute of squat jumps and tricep dips were tough, and of course, running at a speed of 9.0 for a minute is no easy task either! It really did keep boredom at bay, and I also got a chance to watch a bit of of The Price is Right - I used to love that show, and I always loved summer vacation because that meant I actually got to watch it! I finished up my workout with 10 minutes on the Stair Master and 15 minutes on the elliptical - I ended up finishing my latest book (for pleasure!) with about 15 seconds left on the elliptical - perfect timing if I do say so myself!

After a quick shower, I headed out to spend the afternoon with my best friend Gayle, whom you met here. We went to lunch at La Madeleine, one of my favorites, before running a few Spain errands - she was sure a trooper for coming with me! We then went back to her house and just sat and talked talked, which was so nice because with her being in College Station and me being in Austin, we can't possibly know everything that is going on in each other's lives as it happens. It is such a blessing that we have a friendship in which we are able to simply pick up where we left off, even if it has been four months! She is such a blessing in my life and I feel so grateful to have such an uplifting friend like her. I will never forget walking into activity on that first day of sixth grade - it was the start of a beautiful friendship!
Wildfield Salad with Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS