Monday, April 30, 2012

Last Week

The last week of class is FINALLY here. I am still struggling to understand why we are the only school in Texas that is still having to go to class, but I guess that is why we are the best! Kidding, but not really. Anyway, the final week of class has finally arrived and let me tell you, I am so relieved. I now have less then two weeks until everything school-related for this semester is completely done. I still have quite a bit to do, but I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am almost finished with an essay that is due Wednesday, and I have made some serious progress on my major ten-page research paper that is due next week. My to-do list is slowly getting shorter, and it will feel so good to finally have everything checked off!

Workout

Along with the final week of classes comes the final week of bootcamp. It has been an experience, that's for sure! Monday workouts are definitely my favorite but when I stepped outside today, I experienced even worse humidity than I did yesterday. Look out Texas, here comes summer! We did nine laps around SRD again, complete with bear crawls, lunges, side lunges, and squats. Today was really tough for me, maybe because of the 10K I ran yesterday, maybe because of the humidity, or maybe because of the rancid smell we are forced to endure every time we walk in or out of SRD. Last week they put new mulch on the front lawn and I'm not kidding when I say it is like we are living on a farm. It was not what I wanted to smell while putting myself through a rather intense workout, but hey, I still got a good workout out of it! I rounded out the morning with a little bit of ab work before showering, eating breakfast, and taking a nap before class. Nothing like a 9:00am nap, right?
I remember mulch smelling bad on the playground back in elementary school!
Continuing with the theme of "lasts," tonight was the final Wyldlife club of the semester. I have mentioned before on the blog that I am a Wyldlife leader in Northwest Austin. Wyldlife is just like YoungLife, but for middle schoolers. This semester has been seriously awesome and we are so blessed to have so many kids who come to play, have fun, and hear about Jesus. Tonight was our "Graduation Club" for the eighth graders as they get ready to move onto high school and YoungLife, and my seventh grade girls are now officially the big (wo)men on campus! Tonight's club was crazy (as usual), and featured this slightly uncomfortable, but still insanely awesome, game.



Wondering what's going on in this picture? We picked a boy and a girl from each grade to come up to the stage to participate in a game called "Motherbird." The boys from each grade sat in a chair with a cup of open Yoplait Yogurt in their mouths. The girls stood behind the boy in their grade and proceeded to lick the yogurt from the cup. See what we did there? The eighth grade team ended up winning the game, but it was probably one of our best games of the entire semester. There is nothing quite like making middle schoolers feel awkward!

To leave you with a beautiful vision of Austin, here is the sunset I saw as I was leaving club tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS