Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sophomore Slump

There is no denying it. I have truly hit the dreaded sophomore slump. Think this is a made-up term? Urban Dictionary it. I actually think I hit said slump a long time ago, but today was definitely when I hit rock bottom. I had a research paper due at noon today in my anthropology discussion; what time did I finish it? 11:20am. This left me forty minutes to print the paper, gather my materials for class, and walk to the Student Activities Center where my class is held - about a twelve-minute walk away. I made it with time to spare, but I cut it a little too close! Let's not even mention the fact that I had to skip my 11:00 class in order to get this paper finished. I am sure my parents are just thrilled with that little piece of information.

Lately, I have found myself unmotivated when it comes to school - procrastinating with my assignments, blowing things off, and just having trouble finding the motivation to even care. Don't get me wrong, I love school, but I think I have just spread myself a little bit too thin this semester with everything else I have going on and I am just tired. Thankfully, I only have a little over three weeks until I can burn put away all of my school stuff from this semester and set my sights on SPAIN. Until then, I really need to step up my game in the school department. Although I have been working hard, I have just not been quite as diligent in regards to getting stuff done, and getting it done to the very best of my ability.

Papers and books EVERYWHERE!
Workout

Today was my second experience with kickboxing - I actually wrote a post that gave my thoughts after my first kickboxing experience, but it never got posted because I was in the midst of an extremely busy week. I really enjoyed my first kickboxing experience, as it got my heart rate up and worked so many different muscles, but today's experience was slightly less enjoyable. It may have been the essay cloud hanging over my head that prevented me from really getting into it, but I just didn't feel as though I got that great of a workout. Sure, a lot of the moves were challenging, but I feel as though I was just going through the motions instead of concentrating on completing the movements correctly. We'll see how those muscles feel in the morning, as I have definitely woken up feeling sore every morning following a bootcamp workout.
(Source)
I hope to publish this post and catch some rays and read, as Austin is currently experiencing some absolutely beautiful weather - the sun is shining and the temperature is in the 70's. That is definitely not something we Texans are used to in the middle of April, but you won't find us complaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS