Tuesday, April 3, 2012

April Showers

Can you believe it is already April? This year is just flying by and I am finding it hard to believe that my time in college is almost halfway done. The course schedule for the fall semester was released today so that definitely consumed a bit of my time this afternoon, but it just blows my mind that I will be registering for classes for my junior year of college. Wasn't I just a junior in high school?

Taylor, Emily and I - junior year of high school!
Boys vs. Girls Pep Rally - Junior Year! 
Volleyball beach retreat - hard to believe this was almost four years ago!
I was quite the looker, huh?

I have to apologize for my absence the past few days, in the words of a friend, school is "eating my lunch right now." I have been writing papers up a storm they all seem to be due in the same week or two, which unfortunately results in less blog posts. It is a shame that I can't major in blogging!

Workout

This morning's workout came after an early wake-up call. I went to bed around midnight last night because I worked the 10-12 shift, but I knew that I wanted to get up and workout and have the rest of the day to do whatever I would please. I was excited because after turning in my paper today, I thought I wouldn't have too much work for the rest of the week before going home on Thursday, but my astronomy professor just announced a quiz on Thursday. How we can have a quiz on Thursday when we just took a test last Thursday is a mystery to me. Anyway, I set out on my run around 6:30am and ran about 4ish miles. In case you were wondering, it is just as hot and humid at 6:30 in the morning as it is at 2:00 in the afternoon. I was dripping in sweat after running for only 30 minutes and it was definitely what I would call a tough run. I definitely need to brace myself for the heat wave that is sure to come this summer (after I return to America of course, I imagine that running through the streets of Barcelona will be quite refreshing).

Following my run, I headed down to the fitness center to complete a pretty tough arm workout. It lasted around 35 minutes and I definitely felt the fatigue as I took notes in my classes today. I can't tell if that is the result of a good arm workout or the lack of strength in my arms. I finished my workout with an easy 10 minutes on the elliptical before quickly showering and heading down to breakfast, as I was ravenous. Good news for those of you who were wondering, SRD is bringing back the old granola! Our supplier was out of regular granola, so this is is just a temporary fix. Phew!


     Exercise             Reps           Sets
Exercise ball chest press 20 3
Lateral pull-down 15 3
Push-ups (girly) 15 3
Incline Chest Press 15 3
Bicep Curls 15 3
Tricep extensions 15 3
Shoulder press 15 3
Bicep curls to overhead press 15 3
Tricep pull-downs 15 3
Tricep dips 15 3
Bicep curls         1 minute 3


I couldn't end this post without a shout out to one of the greatest grandmothers there is - she is getting me ready for Opening Day:


I can't wait to rock these! We are going all the way this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS