Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Registration Blues

University of Texas registration. May the odds be ever in your favor. That line may have elicited a chuckle, but sadly enough, it is absolutely true. I have never, and I probably will never, understand the University of Texas registration process. No matter your registration time, at least one of the classes you want or need will already be waitlisted or closed. I put quite a bit of time into planning out my perfect schedule, reading reviews about different professors, and trying to avoid 8am classes at all costs. It's not that I mind waking up early, because I really don't, but since I will be living a lot further away from campus next year, I would really prefer to have later classes. So far, so good!
This is me trying to figure out how I'm going to finish everything in just four years!
I registered yesterday morning and although I got most of the classes that I wanted, I am still relying on the ever-faithful add-drop period to perfect my schedule for the fall semester. Next semester will definitely be tough, but I have a wide range of different types of classes to (hopefully) prevent me from getting bored or run down with the same monotonous types of assignments.

Workout + Lunch

Wednesday morning means kickboxing, and today's class sure was a good one! We mixed it up a lot of from last week - adding in a bit more cardio as well as changing up some of the core moves. I love the cardio and weight training combination. I tend to get bored if I am just doing one or the other, so combining the two makes for a great workout! The hour passed quickly and I never got bored. I rounded out my workout with 20-minutes on the elliptical while studying some astronomy. It was a great way to start my day!

After two hours of class, I was ready for some lunch! Lunch today was one of my fav's - veggie burgers! Today SRD changed them up a little bit and served them in the form of sliders. There is just something about miniature things that make them so much better! I had a hearty helping of sauteed mushrooms and red grapes on the side - it was all so delicious and SRD even surprised us by having an ice-cream bar that will be out for residents to take advantage of all day. Have I ever mentioned how great my dorm is? Now that I have some food in my stomach, I am off to study my life away for my astronomy exam tomorrow.




Later gators!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS