Sunday, April 29, 2012

Three Weeks

I am sure you all have gathered that for the next few weeks, my blog will feature a countdown to Spain. As each day goes by, my time in the States gets shorter and shorter. That really hasn't had much time to sink in, as I still have two pretty intense weeks of school to finish before I even begin thinking about my upcoming trip to a foreign country. It blows my mind though, that in three short weeks, my parents will be dropping me off at the airport and we will be saying our goodbyes. That will definitely be hard, but I will have my computer with me at all times during the actual traveling process, so I will be able to send them a quick email when I get to Germany as well as when I get to my final destination: Barcelona. I won't have a phone until I actually get to Barcelona, which will be so weird for me, as I often have my phone attached to my hip at all times. This will be good for me; it will force me to use maps and ask for help, to use my street smarts, qualities in which my generation really seems to be lacking.
The last time I left the country - ten years ago! Fun fact: my cousin, who is pictured there with me, will also be studying abroad this summer! She will be in Germany while I am in Spain.
Bun Run

This morning started out bright and early - we are talking 6am early - and I really haven't stopped moving since! A couple of weeks ago I signed up for the Schlotzsky's 30th Annual Bun Run, taking place near downtown Austin. This year was actually the first year the 10K was offered, so I decided to sign up for it and give it a go. I completely forgot that I had signed up for it until Friday so my training was basically nonexistent. Since I have been participating in bootcamp, I haven't been running quite as often as I used to, so I decided that this was truly going to be a race for fun, and that I would run it as slowly as necessary.


Well, last night I was extremely tired and I went to bed at 9:00pm. Yes, you read that right - 9:00pm. It seriously felt so great and when my 6:00am alarm went off this morning, I was ready to GO! I think I just really needed some good rest - these past few weeks have been very "go, go, go," and an early night was just what the doctor ordered.

Not soon after my return to SRD, I showered, scarfed down a quick (second) breakfast, and headed out the door to volunteer at the HOPE Farmer's Market from 10am-noon. It is a farmer's market that happens every Sunday, and it is really cool - I will definitely be making trips back to just shop and taste all of the delicious food. The first hour I was there consisted of helping different vendors set up their tables, as well as pick up trash around the area. The second hour was a lot of fun as I got to be in the actual shop where the HOPE t-shirts and posters are sold, and I also got to make the chalk signs that get put outside, informing people of this cool event. I totally caved and bought myself a couple of mason jars, as well as this minty 80's style prom dress. I figured for $10, I would more than get my money's worth of wear out of it!


Mason Jar
If you are ever in Austin on a Sunday afternoon, I definitely encourage you to check this place out. Located in East Austin, it is very close to the University of Texas campus.

Now I am off to do some (more) work, to hopefully make my next two weeks a little bit less stressful on the school front. Happy Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS