Thursday, April 5, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Coming home always comes at just the right time. Or maybe I just love coming home so much that it always feels like the right time. Either way, I am perfectly content sitting at my kitchen table, typing this blog post. It has been one long, packed day, and it feels great to sit here and do nothing that would one would consider to be productive. Actually, that sounds like me every night. Oops.

Anyway, this morning started early as I got myself out of bed and went for a 4ish mile run, because I knew I wouldn't work out once I got home. I just love spending time and hanging out with my family! I rounded out my run with a 20-minute walk on the treadmill while studying for my astronomy quiz before showering, eating breakfast, packing up my car, a little more studying, and a ten-minute power nap. Then I was off to four-and-a-half hours of class. My Tuesdays and Thursdays are long. Thankfully, my English professor showed an optional movie the last 20 minutes of class, so I was able to jet out of there, walk over to Smoothie King for my road trip snack, and be driving down 27th by 1:45pm. My trip was relatively uneventful - it was a beautiful day and I blasted my country music the entire time. The radio is one thing in which Houston trumps Austin. I didn't hit traffic until I was literally one exit away from where I wanted to get off the freeway. It was a fitting welcome back to Houston, that's for sure!


I watched a little bit of my brother's baseball game before coming back home to unpack and just lounge (typical). I actually came home to an empty house, but my mom walked through the door minutes later. I was so happy to just sit and talk to her, and then my dad and brother got home and I was just so happy. I love living in Austin but I miss my family every day! What in the world am I going to do when I am in a different country for six weeks?! Thank goodness for Skype!

I knew what I wanted for dinner the minute I drove onto I-10 East - Hungry's - hands down my absolute favorite restaurant. That is probably the one restaurant in which I can order - and like - something different every time I go. I usually just pick one item off the menu that I like and stick with it. My family was quick to agree, so I headed up the road to pick up dinner. As usual, it was delicious. I'm thinking Sunday brunch?

Southwestern Portabella Delight
My dad's burger - so good! 
Fresh-out-of-the-oven pita bread - easily the best part of the meal!
It didn't take long for me to find myself in the kitchen, recreating different recipes that I found on Pinterest. Tonight's concoction? Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bars, courtesy of Sally's Baking Addiction. I can guarantee that mine do not look as good as the ones in the picture, but they still smell absolutely delicious. I cannot wait to try one. I am sure they will be gone very quickly!

In the mixer..
About to go into the oven..
The finished product - taste test to come!
Enjoy the rest of your Thursday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS