Tuesday, April 10, 2012

National Sibling Day

Happy Tuesday, everyone! Was it just me, or was yesterday a particularly slow day? I was sleepy all day, despite getting almost eight hours of sleep the night before and taking a nap in the middle of the day. Must have been a case of the Mondays. Today has been much better and started off bright and early with a five mile run. My quads and hamstrings were sore when I woke up this morning, but I decided to go ahead and run, as I am running the Bluebell Fun Run in Brenham on Saturday, and I would prefer to not be huffing and puffing at the finish line! I showered, ate my usual scrambled eggs and yogurt breakfast (good news - the old granola is back! That definitely brought a smile to my face this morning), and headed off to the first of my three classes for the day. Luckily, my third class got let out a little bit early so I was able to make it back to SRD for lunch, instead of eating the lunch I had packed. I was so glad I did because lunch today was excellent:

Poblano chicken
with a side of black beans - my  favorite!
Anytime I can squeeze in some extra vegetables is a good thing, right? It was delicious and fueled my brain for some intense essay writing, which I have yet to start. Oops.

National Sibling Day

Happy National Sibling Day! Don't be afraid to show your sibling some love today - I am showing mine in the form of a walk down memory lane. I am sure my brother will be oh so thrilled about these pictures popping up in the blogging world. They were just too priceless to pass up! My brother, Daniel, is three years younger than me and although we had our years of constant fighting, we are pretty close now. Thanks for the countless games of volleyball against the side of the house, our one-on-one games of basketball that always ended with one of us getting mad and quitting, the crazy games we made up on the trampoline, and hours upon hours of invisible baseball. You have gone from being a pesky little brother to being a friend. I can't believe that you are about to enter into your senior year of high school! I have just one thing to say about that - hook'em.


Christmas card pictures
I think we really liked Santa..

First day of freshman/senior year!
On top of the mountain at Crooked Creek! 
Crooked Creek

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS