Friday, April 20, 2012

Wild Goose Chase

Happy Friday! Congrats on making it through yet another week! If you are a student, you are that much closer to summer vacation, if you are an adult with a real job, you may still have to work during the summer but you can look forward to cookouts, hours spent at the pool, and holidays. There is something about spring and summer that puts me in a happy mood - maybe it is the pretty colors popping up in stores!

Workout

This morning concluded week two of SRD Bootcamp. I can't say that I was a huge fan of what we did this morning, but it was tough and very challenging. One thing is for sure, it has made me realize just how much I neglect strength training. We did a pilates/yoga combination today that focused on using quite a bit of leg strength - my legs were shakin'! I followed it up with a short 20-min running/walking workout on the treadmill before calling it a morning. After a shower and a delicious breakfast, I spent a bit of time reading on the hammocks, but dark clouds were looming overhead and it was a bit humid, so I relocated myself in SRD's lobby.
Scrambled egg whites 
With a side of blackberries!
A little after 10:00, I set off on what I thought would be a quick errand. Remember those shorts that I talked about last night? Well, it turns out that I was given the wrong size, so I called the store and they informed me that they didn't have the size I needed, but a location in the Arboretum had three pairs in my size. Easy enough, that's just a 15-minute drive following North Mopac. Well, I get there and it turns out that this store is an Ann Taylor, not an Ann Taylor LOFT, but they pointed me in the direction of the Domain, about seven minutes down the road. Well, I finally get there and have no luck, but they called Barton Creek and said that the Barton Creek store had three pairs in the size that I needed. WHAT?! Isn't that where I started? I was not too happy, seeing as I was in the complete opposite direction from where I apparently needed to be, and that was the store that I called in th first place. But I sucked it up and made the drive across town - apparently I really like these shorts! Well, I'm sure that you won't be surprised to hear that I was facing another miscommunication issue, and that they in fact, did not have the shorts in the size that I needed. However, they did offer to order them for me and have them sent directly to SRD. Finally! For all the trouble I went through, I also had them order me a pair of pink ones. I felt as though I needed some kind of reward for driving all over town at the expense of a pair of white shorts!

Whew! Sorry for that long, complicated story! Now I am off to do some reading, have campaigners with my middle school girls, and then entertain a few girls from my high school for the weekend! I hope the rain holds off so that they can leave with a great impression of this wonderful city!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS