Monday, April 9, 2012

Forty Days

Forty days seems like a long time when you have given up chocolate for lent, but when you have forty days until you leave to live in a foreign country for six weeks, time seems to fly. It literally seems like yesterday that I received an email from my mom telling me that my flight to Barcelona had been booked. That was forty days ago. I am so excited to leave for Spain, but a part of me is pretty nervous. I am not so much nervous about living in Spain because although I know it will be a culture shock, I feel as though the program with which we are going has done a great job of making us feel prepared. I am more nervous due to the anticipation that I will be spending six weeks living somewhere completely that is completely foreign to me. <-- Sorry, I couldn't resist! :)

Parc Guell in Spain - how can I be nervous when I have this to look forward to? (Source)
I feel like there is still so much to do in terms of packing and list-making and planning, yet that I don't have much time to do all of it. School is moving at the speed of light and I don't have much free time for anything, let alone to make a Spain and Europe bucket list. I know that it will all get done, but it is just the anticipation of it all that is making me a little antsy!

I received this little gem in the mail today and I am eager to start reading it in preparation for all of the Spanish that I am soon to be speaking.I don't want to sound completely American over there after all! It is a really neat book in that it is just like a Spanish-English dictionary, but it also has pictures to accompany the words, so that I can easily learn and identify important, often-used words. I hope Sarah doesn't get embarrassed if I have my nose buried in this book at all times!


Forty days and I'll be blogging from the beaches of Barcelona. It still feels like a dream, and I cannot wait to get there! I anticipate having some great blog post topics and I can't wait for y'all to go on this adventure with me!
Hello, beach. Hello, tan. (Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS