Saturday, April 14, 2012

I Get Cranky Without My Blue Bell

Sorry for the absence fitnessandfroyo followers! I actually have two or three days worth of blog posts typed up, but haven't posted them because I have been so insanely busy that I didn't have any time to edit and upload pictures. I will probably post them sometime today as I am currently working the desk and don't really feel like reading, so I may as well post them all, right?

Well, today started out BRIGHT and early - I'm talking 5:00am early. Yes, I voluntarily woke up at 5:00am on a Saturday. I had a good reason! My Wyldlife team was meeting at 5:30 to make the hour and a half drive to Brenham together for the annual Blue Bell Fun Run. I did it last year with a couple friends and just had the best time. Running a 10K and getting all-you-can-eat Blue Bell (the best) ice cream afterwards? That's my kind of race! Plus, Brenham is just the cutest town ever! My team is pretty darn athletic so I broached the idea with them and we all signed up and got ready to run. It was an early morning, but it was definitely worth it. It was great running weather, there was unlimited Blue Bell ice cream, and most importantly, I got to do it with some pretty special people. The race went really well for me, I was a little worried because my legs were just shot from boot camp this week, but I managed to run the whole thing - YEAH! I was a little unsure if I would be able to manage the final hill at the end because I'm not kidding when I say it was one of the biggest hills I have ever seen. I did not remember that hill from last year, which was probably a good thing. It was a not so pleasant sight to be greeted with as I rounded the corner! All in all, it was a really great experience and I already can't wait for next year!

Fact: I have the best YoungLife team ever
Hook'em!
Friends and Froomies!
SRD Girls! :)
Murchison Men
Murchison Ladies

After the race, my car decided to make a visit to the Blue Bell factory to stock up on some Blue Bell paraphernalia and get some (more) ice cream. Literally, Brenham is the cutest little town ever and I would love to live in the home of Blue Bell ice cream! I ended up buying a Blue Bell coffee cup, even though I don't drink coffee, a magnet, and a cute pink pencil. I'd say it was a pretty successful trip!


Ice cream heaven!
My new mug!
I am currently working the desk and I plan on having a very chill night - I am hoping to get quite a bit of reading done after I finish working on my blog. Gotta love being an English major. Luckily, I have already read one of the books before, so that should make it a little bit easier! Enjoy your Saturday - it is very overcast and cloudy here, which makes me want to do nothing but curl up and watch Remember the Titans!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS