Thursday, April 26, 2012

Spartan Pride

I feel as though I blog about my high school a lot. Strangely enough, I am okay with that, because like I have said before, my high school is special. We are Stratford America - a community unlike one I have ever seen or heard of before. You may have come to that conclusion after watching the lip dub that I mentioned a couple months back.
Photo courtesy of Stratford's principal: Christopher Juntti
Tonight, as you may or may not know, is the first night of the 2012 NFL Draft. A quarterback from my high school who went to play college ball at Stanford University was just picked first in the draft. FIRST. Fans in Indiana have the honor of cheering him on for the next few years. He was Stratford America's hero, shocking us with some crazy plays, such as his shoeless touchdown, which can be viewed here. I have had so much fun cheering him on these past few years, and I can't wait to see what he does in Indiana. Andrew is not only a phenomenal quarterback, but he is an all-around great guy. He is one of those people whom you want to hate, but you just can't. He is smart, funny, athletic, and has a great family to boot. I would know - his little sister is one of my best friends. She also attends Stanford, but instead of football, she is one rockstar volleyball player. You looked beautiful on TV, Mary Ellen - I miss you!



I sure hope she comes to town when the Texans play the Colts!

My fav!

Congratulations, Indianapolis, y'all picked a winner, both on and off the field. And a huge congrats to one of the best families I know, I could not be more happy for you guys! I could not think of a more deserving person and I guess it's time to order myself an Indianapolis Colts t-shirt!

Lunch + Workout

As you may know, I had an astronomy exam today, and since I was up late last night, I was in no mood to wake up early and workout. Plus, I desperately needed every minute of studying that I could get! Luckily, my 12:30 class was canceled, so once I finished my test, I was done until Monday. I came back to enjoy a delicious lunch that featured a combination of shredded chicken, beef taco meat, and black beans. It was seriously delicious and it definitely hit the spot after practically running across campus to sign up for a class. After relaxing and actually working on a bit of homework, I hit the treadmill for a 45-minute treadmill workout that looked a little something like this. It left me nice and sweaty, although I can't be sure that some of that can't be attributed to the temperature in the workout room!


I am ready for an early night tonight, here's to getting some work done and hitting the hay before 10:00pm! Enjoy your evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS