Saturday, February 25, 2012

State Champs

I may not be a student at Stratford High School anymore, but I am still very proud to be a Spartan and to have had attended the best high school there is. I may be a little biased but there's just something special about that school on Fern Drive. 

Lindsay, Emily and I on Western Day!
Olivia, Lindsay, Mary Ellen and I on Nerd Day!
Spartacus!
Volleyball memories
This morning, after volunteering with MarathonKids Final Mile from six to eight in the morning (seriously, WHO wakes up that early on a Saturday?), I made my way over to the Lee and Joe Jamail Swimming Center to watch my high school participate in the Texas Swimming State Finals. Not to brag, but the boys WON state and one of the seniors set a new state record in the 100 breaststroke. Like I said, we rock. I enjoyed catching up with one of my favorite teachers from high school, Mr. Avis, my physics teacher my junior and senior years. He is such a cool teacher and I am so glad that we have kept in touch - he is such a great teacher and person and I hope to impact my future students the way he impacted me. Thanks for being such a rockstar teacher, Dave Ave!

He even came to our prom - the things teachers do for us students!
After spending the greater part of the morning at the swim meet, I battled the traffic on Guadalupe to get back to SRD and buckle down and work on some homework. I have three essays due in the next four days and I am not quite where I want to be with them. I finished my history essay, finished reading the book My Antonia (loved it!), and am currently watching a film for my childhood in adolescence English class. It has been a (somewhat) productive day in terms of school work!

Workout + Dinner

It was too beautiful of a day to not take advantage of this beautiful weather and go for a run! Especially since my back is finally feeling better. I grabbed my iPod Shuffle and started out on a four-ish mile run. It was TOUGH. Apparently taking over two weeks off from running lowers your endurance. I am hoping to slowly rack on the miles again, as I am signed up to run a 10K in two weeks!

We got there just as the Sun was setting
Dinner tonight was at one of my favorite places in Austin - Hula Hut. Yes, I went there last Saturday too. It is just too good to pass up! Hanna and I went on an "RA date" there and we arrived just as the sun was setting on the lake. Austin is so beautiful and I definitely understand why people don't want to leave Austin after they graduate. For dinner, I enjoyed a delicious veggie burger while Hanna had the pork tacos - my second choice on the menu. She said they tasted wonderful, I know what I am ordering the next time I go there! 

Veggie Burger 
Pork tacos
We walked over to Mozart's to get some coffee (well, Hanna got coffee, I am still trying to muster up the courage to start drinking coffee!) before  driving back to SRD where I have been surprisingly productive. It is only a matter of time before I turn on Boy Meets World! I only have one disc left, the horror!

Good night!

2 comments:

  1. I feel like such a celebrity now that I made it on your blog, Kelli! I enjoyed hanging out with you at the swim meet, and I appreciate the kind words. It means a lot to me that you feel that way. -Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you know if you make my super famous blog, it obviously means you are a celebrity! and no prob - you are definitely the best physics teacher there is!

      Delete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS