Monday, February 20, 2012

My Legs are Shakin'

Happy Monday morning! Here's to a productive week for all of us! I know that I have quite a bit to get done in the way of school work this week, so I am hoping that waking up early and getting my workout done will help to start my week off on the right note.  I have quite a bit of reading, paper writing and studying to do this week, and I did not get quite as much done over the weekend as I had hoped. Luckily I only have one class today from 11-12 and the rest of my day is completely free, other than working the desk from 2-4 this afternoon.

Workout + Breakfast

I woke up ravenous this morning and I knew that a good workout wouldn't happen if I was so hungry, so I ate a small yogurt breakfast before biking over to Gregory Gym to swim a little over a mile. The pool seems to be so popular these days, I am always having to share a lane and you know how I feel about sharing lanes! I feel like I always have to share a lane with someone who really ripples the water and leaves me swallowing a huge gulp of pool water every time I go to breathe!

Everyone needs a Monday morning laugh - my friend Erin and I in our summer league swim team days!
After I dried off and bundled up, I biked back to SRD and headed down to the fitness center where I completed the following leg workout:

Exercise
Weight
Reps
Sets
Squats
18 lb bar
100
1
One-legged leg press
75 lbs
15 each leg
3
Step-Ups
20 lbs
15 each leg
3
Kick-back machine
87 lbs
15 each leg
3
Lunges
20 lbs
18
3
Wall Sit
Body weight
60 seconds
3
Calf Raises
Body weight
36
6
*The exercises in blue means all the sets were completed back-to-back

It was TOUGH! Those wall sits especially left my legs shaking and I am pretty positive that I will be feeling that workout tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS