Thursday, February 23, 2012

HIIT Me Baby One More Time

What an absolutely beautiful Thursday afternoon in Austin! It was all I could do to not skip my 12:30 class after I finished my astronomy exam. I sat outside on one of the benches surrounding the six pack and just soaked in the gorgeous weather. One thing worries me about the high temperatures though. If temperatures are in the 80's in February, what is it going to be like this summer? I am a Texas girl through and through but the heat definitely gets to me sometimes!
I love my school! Photocred: Hannah Fierce
Lunch

I was feeling a little down after my astronomy exam, so after my English class ended at 2, I walked myself over to Red Mango for some frozen yogurt. I definitely didn't deserve it for performing well on my exam, and it wasn't as though it was even that hard, I just didn't study as thoroughly as I probably should have. Luckily, we have a replacement exam option at the end of the semester, so I considered this exam my "trial run" for all of the other tests of the semester! I decided I should stop complaining about the four essays that I have due in the span of six days - I much prefer papers to studying for tests! Frozen yogurt was the perfect treat on this warm day and it really hit the spot. It can always make a day better!

My cup included a combination of dark chocolate, raspberry, pomegranite, and a little bit of pumpkin spice topped with granola, bananas, blackberries, and blueberries! It was so refreshing!
Workout + Dinner

I usually work out in the morning before class, but since I had a test I decided to forgo my morning workout in favor of some last-minute studying. Fat lot of good that did me! After my fro-yo had digested, I headed down to the fitness center to try out a new workout: Lean Legs and HIIT Shredmill Workout that I got here. It looked like this:

20 squats
30 lunges
40 toe touches (talk about a good hamstring stretch!)
50 second wall sit
40 toe touches
30 lunges
20 squats

Shredmill

3 minute brisk walk
3 minute jog
60 sec sprint
60 sec jog
60 sec sprint

20 pushups

Repeat treadmill portion --> 20 pushups (you are supposed to do jumping squats but those are SERIOUSLY killer) --> treadmill portion --> 20 sit-ups --> treadmill portion --> 30 second plank --> 5 minute walking cool down

I did the brisk walk at a pace of 4.5mph, the 3 minute jog at 6.5mph, the sprints at 9.0mph and the jog in between sprints at 6.0. I am not sure if that was too slow but the sprints really got me! I have never been a big fan of sprinting, even in elementary and middle school I did the longer distances - the 400 meter run was my specialty! I am just so happy that my back is feeling better and it felt so good to put myself through a tough workout!

Back in my middle school track days - I was one happy runner!
Dinner today was one of the better meals of the week and I loved every bite! I am making an effort to eat more fruits and veggies since my healthy eating has really suffered this week - I was starving last night around 10:30 and basically ate a full course meal. Negative life choice. I got back on track with dinner tonight that featured honey dijon chicken and whole green beans. I definitely went back for seconds on the green beans!


After I finish working the desk I have an eyebrow appointment and then I plan on relaxing with my three papers due next week Boy Meets World.

Smile - it's almost Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS