Friday, February 10, 2012

Finally Friday

It's FINALLY Friday! I feel as thought it has been quite a long week, and though this weekend holds a whole lot of studying for me, it will still be a good one. I am hoping to find a cool place to hike tomorrow morning, so hopefully this beautiful weather continues until tomorrow! Here's to an enjoyable weekend for everyone!

Jump for joy! It's the weekend!
My Friday started off just the way I like it - with a workout! I woke up a little after 7am, ate a quick yogurt breakfast and biked over to Gregory Gym to swim. The swim gods were definitely on my side this morning as I had a lane all to myself almost the entire time. When is the last time that happened? It felt good to get in a good, long workout, as my workouts have been less than stellar with my crippled back. It still bothers me a bit, but definitely not as much as it did last Saturday. I am still unable to run so right now it is looking like the Austin Half is a no-go, but I am still hoping that my back will suddenly feel 110% and my legs will be itching to run 13.1 miles next Sunday. You never know!

Lunch
Today's lunch was a winner, as usual! I enjoyed chicken scampi with a side of roasted asparagus, roasted peppers, and fresh strawberries. I am not usually an asparagus fan but I decided to give it a try again today and that was definitely a positive life choice. My meal was delicious and really hit the spot after a morning of reading and paper writing!


I will never get tired of grilled chicken!
One of my favorite fruits!

Next up on the agenda for today? Campaigners (bible study) with my seventh grade girls, work, and seeing THE VOW with some of my seventh graders! I am so excited about this movie, I am such a sucker for these cheesy romantic movies and what's not to love about a movie with Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum as the main characters?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS