Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It's OFFICIAL!!!

Spring Break Countdown: TEN DAYS!
The only things standing between me and a week of no class, the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo (tonight is opening night!), lounging, baking, tanning, and quality time with family and friends? Three papers, two midterms, twelve and a half hours of work, the Wyldlife Half-Niter, and (hopefully) a slew of good workouts. These next two weeks will certainly be busy! Hopefully I can manage to squeeze in a little bit of fun as well!

Spring Break, come back to me!
My small group in Florida - Spring Break 2011
Can't wait to see Brad perform for the third year in a row!
Workout

My workout today happened bright and early with a 6:45am wake-up call. I ate a little breakfast before biking over to Gregory Gym to swim and I was surprised to see that there were multiple lanes available. Usually the pool is hoppin' at 7:15am, but maybe it was the dreary, foggy weather that prompted some people to stay all wrapped up in their blankets.

Before I got ready to bike back to SRD to shower before beginning my long day of class, I checked my email and received a wonderful surprise. My 12:30 class was canceled! My first canceled class of the year! I am not glad that my professor is sick, but it gives me a little extra time in a very jam-packed day! Here's to hoping that I am productive during the time when I would normally be sitting in class.

Now for the most exciting news relating to the title of my post today..

I AM OFFICIALLY STUDYING ABROAD IN SPAIN THIS SUMMER!!!!! My spot in the program is confirmed and my flight is BOOKED! My flight departs on May 20th out of Houston and flies directly to Germany before I change planes for the short flight to Barcelona. I am seriously so excited and nothing could wipe the smile off of my face yesterday. My main concern? How I am going to fit six weeks worth of clothes and shoes into one suitcase. Spring Break will be dedicated to a whole lot of list making! I can't wait to be able to blog about all my adventures in Europe - I will be there in less than THREE short months!

Sarah and Kelli..
.. from Disney to SPAIN! We are such jet-setters! :)
I have to end this post with a huge thank you to the BEST parents in the world for allowing (and paying for) me to take this once-in-a-lifetime adventure. I am so excited for this opportunity and it was all made possible because they love me enough to let me live, travel (and study), in a foreign country for six weeks! I love y'all so much!

P.S. The UT Tower turned 75 yesterday. Hook'em forever!

(Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS