Friday, March 2, 2012

Birthdays and Independence

HAPPY TEXAS INDEPENDENCE DAY, Y'ALL! If you have been on Facebook or Twitter at all today, you might have noticed quite a few status updates and tweets about the great state of Texas. Why is there so much pride being shown, you ask? Well, was your state once it's own nation? That's what I thought. I absolutely love living in Texas and I have quite a bit of pride in this state where everything is bigger and better. Here are some quotes that always elicit a smile:
  • "Texas is the finest portion of the globe that has ever blessed my vision" - Sam Houston
  • "You might give some serious thought to thanking your lucky stars you're in Texas" - Jim Goode, Goode Company Barbecue
  • "You may all go to Hell and I will go to TEXAS" - Davy Crockett
  • "Some folks look at me and see a certain swagger, which in Texas is called "walking."" - George W. Bush
God spent extra time on this state! (Source)


In addition to this wonderful holiday, it is also two very important people's birthdays: Dr. Suess, and my best friend, Gayle, whom you met here. Dr. Seuss is one of the greatest writers of all time and through his writing he has given us so many valuable life lessons. One of my favorite book as a child was Green Eggs and Ham, but I truly loved all of his books and I have a very extensive collection of them at home. Thanks, Dr. Seuss (Theodor Geisel), for some of the greatest books ever written. Click here to enjoy some Dr. Suess inspiration!

And last but not least, Happy Birthday to the best friend a girl could have in this world. Thanks for blessing me more than I ever deserve, thanks for the endless hours of talking and laughing, thanks for being there for me - always, thanks for always being on the same wavelength as me, you are truly a blessing in my life and I can't believe we are in our twenties! We may be old in years, but we will always be young at heart. I can't wait to go through this next stage of life together! Love you and I hope you have had the BEST day ever - here's to making this one the best year yet!



Workout

I stayed up last night to text Gayle happy birthday RIGHT at midnight (because she always does that for me - she's the best!), so I stayed up watching (and finishing!) Boy Meets World when I probably should have been doing something more productive in the way of school but hey, you only live once, right? My wake-up call at 6:45am this morning was tough, but it felt nice to be completely done with my workout by 8:45am, including transportation time to and from Gregory Gym. I biked on over to swim a little over a mile before biking bike and completing an arm workout inspired by PBFingers. I am hoping my arms will be sore tomorrow - it was tough, but I probably should have increased the weight on some of the exercises. At least I learned for next time!

The rest of this weekend will unfortunately be spent studying - as I have two midterms, a paper due, and a quiz next week. I am hoping to be super productive this weekend so the rest of the week can be devoted to studying (doesn't that sound fun?) and I can feel like my hard work paid off as I take I-10 East all the way home for the first time since January. I can't wait!

Roomie Date

I had to include the roomie date that I just took with my roommate from last year, Melissa. I see her all the time since we are both RA's at SRD, but it was nice to get out of SRD and be able to talk, uninterrupted. Melissa was such a wonderful roomie, and since we both share a love of frozen yogurt we decided to take our taste buds to Yogurt Planet to get our fix of the stuff. I enjoyed a $5 bowl of fro-yo and I ate every last bite. Are we surprised? It was delicious, and I thoroughly enjoyed my time spent with my very first roomie ever!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS