Saturday, March 10, 2012

Rainy Day Activities

As much as I dislike this dreary weather, it gives me a good excuse to lounge around and get a jump start on all the baking that I have planned for this break. This morning was supposed to start out with The Bayou City Classic 10K, but I decided to forgo it because of the rain, and I slept in until about 8:40. Score! I don't remember the last time I slept in that late. Gotta love spring break!

After breakfast and a quick trip to the grocery store, I got started on two recipes that I actually just pinned this morning, but they looked so delicious that I had to give them a shot! What were those two recipes you ask?

Oreo Pudding Cookies and Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies - I originally found both of these recipes on Pinterest, but the link took me to the blog belonging to The Girl Who Ate Everything. She has some quality recipes on this site and I am so glad that I stumbled upon it!

I started out with the Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies as per my brother's request, and I was told that they are delicious! They smell so good, and they were pretty easy to make! A link to the recipe and instructions can be found here, but here are some pictures of the baking process for this delicious cookie.
Chocolatey goodness 

The finished product
Thanks to my dad and brother for always being my taste testers!
Next up were the Oreo pudding cookies, which were also relatively easy to make. The hardest part was breaking up the Hershey's Cookies and Cream bar into tiny, tiny pieces. The recipe and steps can be found here, but again, here are some pictures of the process.


The crushed Hershey's bar
Oreo Pudding Cookies - just call me Betty Crocker! :)
I was a little hesitant to take these cookies out of the oven after only eight minutes, but the recipe cautioned that these cookies are not to be burned, so even though they looked a little undercooked, I took them out anyway. Luckily, once they cooled they were good to go!

There are currently over 80 homemade cookies at my house right now, someone please come help us eat them!

I am about to eat some lunch before hitting the MAC for a workout, and then hopefully get started finish my history essay that's due tomorrow. Enjoy your Saturday, take some time to relax and enjoy the rain! Read a good book, bake a few treats, watch a good movie, just do something that makes you happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS