Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Weekend Roundup

It has been a while since I have posted, but I have my reasons. I have been extremely busy these past few days, and the days made for one awesome weekend. I have had a hard time buckling down and studying for astronomy (hence why I am procrastinating by writing this post), but I am slowly getting back into it. It will be a late couple of nights but hey, that's college, right?

Friday was Young Life Placement Night and it was just so wonderful. After shaking the ground of Grace Covenant Church with our worship songs and watching each area strut their stuff on stage with hysterical skits, my team was blessed with three new team members, making the grand total 17. Would you believe three years ago they were only THREE leaders? God is so good! Anyway, after placement night was officially over, we went to our middle school to have a water balloon fight (girls dominated, duh), and prayed over the school, ending with a game of "Over the Mountain." I definitely got to know my teammates a little better after that one! We then rushed over to our area dance party (late, as usual), and rounded off the night with an Austin original: Kerbey Lane Cafe. It was a wonderful night and I can't wait to see what the rest of this semester brings. The Austin Young Life community is seriously amazing and I am blown away by the fact that I get to be a part of it, pouring truth into kids. 
Hipster Zombies. You can't beat The Hills Wyldlife.
Some of our precious seventh grade girls! They are the absolute coolest!
Saturday was another wonderful day, as my friend Sarah and I spent the majority of the day shopping at various malls and eating some of our delicious Austin favorites. The weather was absolutely beautiful and I would say that it was a very successful day! I tried to only buy clothes that would be appropriate to wear in Spain, but honestly, I have no clue what to pack to take to Spain. All my belongings in one suitcase? HELP! I attended a pre-departure meeting tonight and got issues such as what to do about cell phones and health and safety information cleared up, but there was no information on how to pack for six weeks in a foreign country. I'd say that's pretty darn important, especially for a notorious overpacker such as myself!

We enjoyed the beautiful weather on the roof of Whole Foods!
Sunday was another beautiful day in Austin, as it started off with the Statesman Capitol 10K, the largest 10K in the country. There were over 23,000 runners on Sunday morning and I have to admit, I was a little bit nervous, as I hadn't run that distance since I hurt my back over a month and a half ago. My goal was honestly just to finish under an hour without having to stop and walk, and I am happy to say that I beat my goal! The first three miles FLEW by, while the last three definitely seemed a little bit slower. In my defense, the sun was shining full force by that time and I was sweating like crazy! Overall though, it felt GOOD to be running like that again, and it got me itching to sign up for another big race. We'll see what happens!

The breakfast that powered me through the race
Another check off the Austin bucket list!
Like I mentioned before, the weather in Austin has been absolutely beautiful. The temperatures are climbing but I am loving it. I much prefer the warm weather to the "cold" weather that we experience here in Texas. It has been the perfect tanning weather, of which I have definitely been taking advantage. It was cloudy all of spring break, so I have felt the need to catch up catching the rays. The weather was so nice that it prompted me to skip my Monday class to sit out by Gregory Gym after my swim to tan (and study). Here's my theory, my parents are paying for the use of the facility, so I might as well take advantage of it, right? Right.

Now I am off to work the desk and get some serious studying done. Astronomy is killing me this semester, which is just frustrating because it has nothing to do with my major, but it's going to be okay. Positive attitudes! At least I had a good dinner to fuel me through the night!


Enjoy this beautiful spring evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS