Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happy Hunger Games Week!

Happy Tuesday fitness & froyo followers! I hope you had a restful night's sleep - I almost slept through the night, except for waking up with the extreme thunderstorm that hit Austin at around 1:00 in the morning. Fun fact about me: I used to be deathly afraid of thunderstorms and have only just begun to enjoy the rain. I don't know what to attribute this fear to, but my parents will definitely tell you that I housed an extreme fear of storms back in the day. So I am not too surprised that I woke up when the lightning was legitimately lighting up my room and the thunder was shaking my window. Luckily, I fell back asleep within minutes, dreaming of receiving an email from Bill Powers saying classes were canceled, but sadly, there was no such email. I even wore my rain boots all day in anticipation of the rain that my weather app was predicting, but I just looked pretty dumb walking back to SRD in pure sunshine. Texas weather, what can you do?

I was very tempted to sleep in with the rain and skip my morning workout, but I knew that if I didn't do it in the morning, it wouldn't happen at all today with a full day of classes, work, and meetings. I completed a treadmill sprint/walking workout that looked similar to one that I completed over spring break, but I stopped at 30 minutes instead of doing the full 50. My legs were tired this morning! I then did this arm workout (3x15) and my arms were feeling a bit fatigued. I guess neglecting the weights for a few days will do that to you, huh?


Chest
Biceps
Push-ups
Bicep Curls
Chest press on exercise ball
Crossbody Curls


Triceps
Shoulders
Tricep Dips
Lateral Raises
Tricep Pull Downs
Frontal Raises

Hunger Games
Countdown to the Hunger Games midnight premiere: 53 hours. I cannot wait! SRD rented out an entire theatre at Alamo Drafthouse and about a hundred nineteen- and twenty-year-old girls are going to be there anxiously awaiting to see if this movie lives up to the book. I blew through these books in a span of about five days over Christmas break, and I reread the first one over spring break, so I cannot WAIT! I will be there sporting my Team Gale shirt, courtesy of my friend and fellow RA, Madison. 


Did you groan at the mention of "Team Gale?" These books don't really promote picking a "team," but Katniss is conflicted throughout the entire novel  as to who she prefers: Gale, her long-time hunting buddy, or Peeta, the sweet baker's son who claims to have loved her since they were five years old. I felt just as conflicted as Katniss when it came time to choose the boy because I really do like both of them, but Gale is the one with whom she can be herself, the one to whom she can tell anything. Plus, can anyone really resist Liam Hemsworth?
(Source)
May the odds be EVER in your favor.. 

Also.. I have to add in a note about the delicious diner that I just devoured. I decided that Chipotle sounded better than the meal SRD was serving, so once my shift was over, I walked down the drag to enjoy this delicious burrito bowl filed with black beans, barbacoa, and veggies. If my wallet allowed it, I think I could eat this every day.


P.S. Happy First Day of Spring! How fitting that the first day of spring in Texas started with a severe thunderstorm and 55-degree weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS