Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Do Something Now

Since a countdown to spring break has made an appearance on my last few blog posts, I figure I can't break the tradition now. THIRTY HOURS to spring break! It is so close! I take my first midterm in a little over two hours, but I have looked at the material so many times that I decided I deserved a break, plus, my blog definitely needs updating!

Workouts

My workouts this week have been treadmill workouts inspired by PBFingers that combine incline walking with a little bit of sprinting thrown into the mix. I think they have been quite tough, but we all know how I feel about sprinting!

I also incorporated some strength sessions into my workouts and my arms and legs are definitely feeling a little bit sore this morning, and I love it! I am not so sore that I can't move, but I am sore enough that I can feel it and know that I put myself through a good workout.

I am hoping to squeeze in a workout today, but the chances of that happening between my first midterm, studying for my second midterm and a quiz, and packing to go home are slim to none. Who knows, maybe I'll manage to fit in a 15-minute power workout. My roomie and I were pros at those last year!

Studying has officially taken its toll!
Invisible Children

I mentioned Invisible Children in a post at the end of the year, about how one of my good friends (and froomies!) is traveling as a roadie with them this semester. They have put together a video to raise awareness about the injustice going on RIGHT NOW in Africa - children are having to endure pain and suffering under this man named Joseph Kony. The goal of the video is to make him known and famous so that the world can unite to stop him. This is a long video but it is well worth your time. Let's #makekonyfamous and #stopatnothing. I am so, so proud of my friend Lindsey for being a part of something so powerful and world-changing.

Keep changing the world Lindsey - you are an inspiration to us all!
Sign the pledge and watch the video - it will change your life, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS