Monday, March 19, 2012

A New Attitude

The Monday following the end of Spring Break is often met with a few groans and a not-so-good attitude, we often find ourselves wishing we had just one more week of relaxation and a break from the "real world." However, that is not the case and we are forced to return to our "regular" lives of school and work. Instead of looking at the month and a half that I have left of school with a negative attitude, I am going to look at it with a positive attitude. I am very blessed to have the opportunity to attend this university, to have parents that are willing to pay for me to attend and to learn and even to be stressed to the max. I am being challenged and forced to work hard in order to find success, which will prove to be so valuable when I am out in the real world! I have no reason to complain about anything in my life, so from this day forward, I am going to focus on not complaining about school and how much stress it causes me, and focus on how much I am learning and all the opportunities that I have.
Who wouldn't love seeing this everyday? Photocred: Hannah Fierce
Workout

Since I went to sleep at a very early hour (for college, anyway), I was up and ready to go at 6:30am, so I headed out the door for a 5-mile run. I haven't run that far in probably two weeks so it felt good to stretch my legs out for five miles. It was already hot and humid at 6:45 in the morning, so there is no telling what the rest of this day is going to bring! The forecast is telling me that it is going to storm, but so far it is just overcast and windy. After my run, I did a little bit of ab work before showering and heading down to enjoy my favorite yogurt breakfast. I truly missed it and it tasted so wonderful after ten days of eating cereal for breakfast. Don't get me wrong, I love cereal, but I can never stop at just one bowl, and I found that I often craved cereal at all hours of the day.


Lucky for me, I have only one class today so I am able to slowly ease my way back into "school mode," since I definitely still seem to be in spring break mode. I am hoping I can kick it into high gear after class today since these next few weeks are busy, busy, busy!

On a side note, this morning I registered for the classes that I am going to take in SPAIN this summer! I am taking a Spanish class (duh) and hopefully a class that is all about Barcelona - either that or a class about the culture of food! I am not sure what kind of credit will be awarded for those classes but hey, you only live once, right? Might as well enjoy the ride and learn a little bit of Spanish culture along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS