Friday, March 30, 2012

Motivation Pact

It's FRIDAY! Fridays are great for many reasons, but the main one is that I have THREE whole days off from class. I really do like school, but sometimes just going to class exhausts me. Pathetic, right? And even though this weekend will include writing multiple essays, it's still going to be a beautiful weekend!

Workout + Lunch

This morning I woke up and was hungry. So I headed down to breakfast and ate my usual yogurt breakfast, but when I turned to scoop my granola, I noticed that my beloved granola was not there and had been replaced with new granola. It was still good, but not quite up to par with the old granola, so I am really hoping they bring back the old kind soon!

After cranking out a few ideas for one of my English essays that is due on Tuesday, i decided to head down to the fitness center to complete a 45-minute walking and running treadmill workout inspired by PBFingers, followed by a quick total-body weights and cardio workout and a little bit of ab work. It felt really good to get in a great workout because it has definitely been a while! After my workout I showered, made a quick trip to Target for a few groceries, contemplated buying these shoes,

Practical, right?

and came back to enjoy a delicious lunch, courtesy of SRD. I had baked catfish fillet, green beans, and fresh strawberries. Fish is one of my favorite dishes, which is pretty surprising because I am one of the pickiest eaters around town. However, I love fish and it is one of the things that I am most looking forward to as I travel to Spain this summer.




I also snagged a few rice krispie treats to eat later. My favorite!
Motivation Pact

Now for the title of this post. Last night, three of my fellow RA's and I were complaining about school and how we are having trouble finding the motivation to complete our school work, study, and even go to class at times. We thought up a motivation pact and decided that if we can get all the items checked off our to-do list by Sunday, we will treat ourselves to fro-yo. If there is something one of us hasn't finished, no fro-yo. Harsh, but that's what we have to do to get out of the dreaded sophomore slump. Let's hope it works!

I made them add the one about smiling! :)
Want a little something to make you smile as you head into the weekend? I am sitting in the front office of SRD, wearing the bunny ears that our awesome registrar gave all of the RAs to get in the Easter spirit as I type this post. I just may keep them on all afternoon!

Thanks, Jessica!
Hanna and I
Love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS