Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Pinterest-ing Spring Break

I hope everyone has had a very relaxing weekend! Mine has been full of gorgeous days, a whole lot of homework, and one very successful Wyldlife Half-Nighter! I have FOUR days of class to get through before I am jammin' out to country music, driving down I-10 East all the way home, or to Berripop. I have not been home since January 11th and I could not be more excited to spend an entire week in Houston, eating at all my favorite restaurants, working out at the MAC, and just relaxing for the first time since the semester started. One essay, two midterms, and two quizzes are all that separate me from a whole week of freedom. I seriously cannot wait!

As I may have mentioned in previous posts, last spring break I went to Florida with UT YoungLife and it was definitely one of the best trips I have ever taken. It was a wonderful week full of best friends, awesome fellowship, and the beautiful beach. I am pretty bummed that I am not going this year, but I am also excited to have no definite plans and just see where the week takes me. I have decided that I am going to try out a new Pinterest recipe or craft every day. It will be a Pinterest filled spring break! Here are some of the recipes that are high on my list of things to make:

  • Glazed Peanut Butter Bars

  • Banana Oat Snack Bars
  • Reese's Stuffed Oreos
  • Candy Stuffed Cookies
  • Various Smoothies (my fav!)
  • Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Swirl Fudgey Cookies
  • Cinnamon Roll Cookies
There are definitely more recipes that I hope to try, but these are just very high on my list. I also want to learn how to cook things, since I will be responsible for cooking my own meals next year! Eek! Hopefully my dad can teach me his ways and I will be on my way to some delicious meals!

Workout

Like I mentioned in the beginning of my post, today was a beautiful day. I mean we're talking absolutely perfect. It was a high of about 72 degrees and I took advantage of that by biking over to Gregory to swim outside and simultaneously get some sun (three cheers for a one-piece tan!). I was expecting all of the lanes to be full, but surprisingly I was able to snag my own lane! After swimming, I set up shop on a lawn chair and pulled out one of the many books I have had to read this semester so I could kill two birds with one stone - school work and catching some rays. I'd say it was a very successful afternoon!

I am hoping to get to bed relatively early tonight so I can start my crazy week bright and early and squeeze in ONE good night's sleep this week! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS