Thursday, March 22, 2012

Fabulous Weekend

Happy Thursday! The first week back from a break is always pretty tough, but luckily for me, it has been relatively stress-free. Minus my astronomy class but that's all that will be said about that! I have had quite a bit to look forward to which somewhat decreases my productivity level - I think a lot of my friends can agree that we have all hit the dreaded "sophomore slump." We have been in school for 16 long years, a slump is bound to happen at some point. I just have to keep looking at all the GREAT things I have ahead, and that is enough to motivate me to get to work!

Workout

Since I had an astronomy quiz today, I elected to skip my morning workout in favor of some last-minute studying. Again, it really didn't help me too much so maybe I should stop doing that. Although it did give me the opportunity to swim outside on this BEAUTIFUL, picture-perfect Austin day, and lay out (again, in my one-piece) for about 45 minutes and attempt to get some sun. So I guess I can't complain TOO much!


Now for the highlight of my Thursday (and the reason that I have not been able to do ANYTHING productive) is.. drum roll please.. THE HUNGER GAMES MIDNIGHT PREMIERE! In approximately two and a half hours I will leave for the theater that SRD rented out just for the girls living in the dorm. If it hasn't been said enough, I live in the best dorm ever. I will be sporting my Team Gale shirt, but I promise I do like Peeta too. It is such a tough call, but both boys aside, I am so excited to see this movie that I have heard really does live up to the books. My English class has had a couple heated arguments over this literary merit of the book (such English majors), but hey, it's a good book that gets kids reading. What more can we ask for? I can't wait to post my review of the movie!

The rest of this weekend should be a lot of fun, and very busy. Friday night is YoungLife Placement Night, which means 200 new leaders who went through about seven weeks of training will be placed on YoungLife teams across the city of Austin. It is such a blessing to have college students who want to minister to middle-school and high-school kids and I can't wait to meet my new team members. I still have yet to learn the skit we are performing (oops!), but hey, it will all turn out great.
Literally the most awkward picture ever - Placement Night 2011
Saturday is the second annual Super Saturday, meaning my friend Sarah and I boycott all the roundup events going on this weekend and go shopping at various malls around Austin. Sounds like a productive day, right? Well, it may not be productive in terms of important thing, but it really is a lot of fun and I didn't go shopping at all over spring break so I would have money to spend on Saturday. We also make sure to eat at some fabulous restaurants and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we will find some cute things for SPAIN!

I hope your weekend shapes up to be as fun as mine is looking to be! And.. may the odds be EVER in your favor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS