Friday, February 24, 2012

Windy Friday

Holy windy Friday! After going to sleep at about 10:20 last night, I had no trouble getting up at 6:45 to eat a quick breakfast before biking to Gregory to swim a little over a mile. I knew that it was going to be a good day because I had a lane all to myself for my entire swim. That never happens! After getting dressed, I hopped on my bike to tackle the bike back to SRD. I always contemplate just walking back because the path back to SRD is just slightly uphill and that is especially killer after swimming 72 laps! Anyway, it was SO cold and windy this morning that I almost fell off of my bike. What happened to the temperature in the high 80s yesterday? Only in Texas!

I headed down to the fitness center to tackle an arm workout that looked like this:

Three sets of 15-20 reps of each exercise
  • Bent over row
  • Bicep curls
  • Pushups
  • Tricep pull downs
  • Lateral raises
  • Chest press
  • Frontal raises
  • Cross body curls
  • Bicep curls with a bar
  • Tricep dips
*Those exercises in the same color means all the sets were completed back-to-back

I did the bicep curls at weights heavier than I am used to and it was TOUGH! My arms hated me, and my hamstrings still hate me from my other various leg workouts, but that's okay because they need to be whipped back into shape! I was blasting music from my phone since I was alone in the workout room and at the end of my workout, this song came on:


That was enough to power me through the end of my workout when my arms were feeling especially fatigued, and I couldn't help but think about my high school and the awesome Lip Dup that they recently performed. It shows so much school spirit and I am so proud to be a Stratford Alumni! Spartan Pride forever! It was even featured on the channel 2 news in Houston and if you haven't watched it, I suggest you click here. You'll be jealous that you didn't go to high school there!

Lunch

Lunch today was superb, as usual! I am really going to miss the amazing already-cooked-for-me meals next year. I had a salad with grilled chicken, black olives, and balsamic vinagiearette dressing. I also went back for seconds on the grilled chicken and had some asparagus on the side. DELISH! What a great way to kick off the weekend!


I am off to try and tackle some homework before chaperoning the Murchison Middle School dance tonight. Remember those incredible awkward years? I am so glad to have been there, done that, and be looking in with those years in my memory. It should be a great time and I am so excited to see my seventh grade girls all dressed up!

Happy Go Texan Day! The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo season is almost upon us and I could not be more excited to spend my Spring Break at the rodeo! It is most definitely one of my favorite seasons. What could be better than country music and cowboy boots?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS