Saturday, February 11, 2012

On a Hike

I become more and more convinced every single day that Austin is THE best city in the world. I mean, where else can you hike four miles with these beautiful sights around you?



This morning I woke up around 7am ready to hike. My back is still bothering me a little bit so I am taking it nice and slow on the running front. I deduced that if I can't run, why not take advantage of the many wonderful trails in Austin and put my Wilderness hiking boots from the summer before my senior year of high school to good use and explore one of Austin's best hiking trails: River Place Trail. It was about a twenty-five minute drive away from where I live in Austin, but it was well worth it. I hiked about four miles in the crisp, cool air and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. It was TOUGH though, I was huffing and puffing after climbing some of the "stairs". It was the perfect way to start my day and I am hoping to explore various trails in Austin throughout the next few weeks!

The view from the top! (or what I think was the top)
I think my mom was happy to hear that I got some more wear out of my hiking boots that I used for my Wilderness trip senior year!
The Vow Disaster

Remember how excited I was to see The Vow yesterday?

Well, I probably should have realized I was not the only one who was excited to see the very same movie on opening day. I picked up my seventh graders and we went over to Alamo Drafthouse Village where we planned to see the movie, but we were quickly informed that it was sold out. Instead of going to see it somewhere else, we got some fro-yo and walked around, enjoying the cool night. It was a really fun night nonetheless, but this girl is still a little bitter that my sixteen-year-old brother is seeing the movie before I am!

It may not have been The Vow, but the fro-yo was delicious and the company was superb!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS