Monday, August 6, 2012

Makin' Progress

It's the last Monday of summer school, folks. I am definitely feeling that end-of-term fatigue, and though I have thoroughly enjoyed my English class this summer session, I will not be sad to say good-bye to school (for two weeks, anyway) and spend some quality time with my friends and family back in Houston. It has been an adjustment being away from home all summer, but I guess you have to grow up sometime, right?

Anyway, this Monday morning started off on the right note with a great (and pretty quick) workout. This week began Phase Two of Tina's Best Body Bootcamp, and it was a good one. It was a circuit style workout, with five minutes of cardio followed by a superset with weights. I loved that because it prevented me from getting bored in either area. One workout with which I was not familiar was the front squat, which looked like this:
(Source)
My legs are already feeling sore, so I can only imagine what they are going to feel like tomorrow! I rounded off my workout with 20-minutes on the elliptical while reading my new book, Sister, by Rosamund Lupton. I've heard it is hard to put down once you really get into it, so I can't wait to continue reading!

After breakfast, a shower, and a visit from one of my froomies, I headed out to return a movie at Vulcan Video, and in typical Kelli fashion, I made a few pit-stops along the way. SRD is very close to a Buffalo Exchange, which is fun to go into every once in a while because you never know what gems you are going to find. It is very hit or miss, but today was definitely a hit. I had no real reason for going in here other than to see if they had any fun costume-y clothes I could use for Young Life clubs this upcoming semester. There were so many great finds, but in the end, I settled on these two vests, because who doesn't need a denim (so 90's) or a leopard-print vest? Two items of clothing that everyone should have in his or her closet!

After my success at Buffalo Exchange, I got in my car and drove on over to Francesca's, again with no real reason behind it other than the fact that I love that store and after seeing way too many cute things on their website, feeling as though I had to check it out. I ended up finding a pair of mint-colored pants (for which I have been on the hunt FOREVER), but this particular store did not have them in my size. The Westlake Francesca's did, though, so I decided to make that little trek since I still had plenty of time before I had to be back on campus for class. They ended up not working out (such a bummer), but I did end up buying a cute tank top, so it wasn't a total waste of effort!

I was pretty hungry by this point so I set off in search of a Smoothie King to appease my stomach until I got back to SRD, but I ended up never finding it and settling on some fro-yo from Froyoyo. Fro-yo is never a bad idea, at least to this blogger it isn't. I had a combination of chocolate and cookies and cream with strawberries and blueberries on top. The yogurt tasted awesome, but the topping options were a little dismal. It still hit the spot, though, and held me over until I got back to SRD.

I also found this while I was out running errands - is that a sign that I should live in the Westlake area?
After class I headed to my car again, this time on a mission. I start moving things into my house on Wednesday (although I am not officially moving in until a few weeks later), and after ordering a desk from Walmart the other day, I wanted to find a pink desk chair that would make my new study area complete. I remembered seeing one at Staples, and lucky for me, it was still there and on sale! Score! I am slowly but surely making progress on the house front, buying a dresser for Sarah's and my room just last week, and looking at several different bookcase options. I can't wait to see it all come together!
Desley Mesh Task Chair (Source)
Our dresser - the result of some antique shopping!
After a delicious dinner, I am now manning the desk for the next three and a half hours, at a loss of what to do after I finish this post because I have finished all of my homework for the rest of the week until my final exam is released. What has gotten into me? Let's hope I can keep this up into the fall semester!

Enjoy your Monday evening, and watch the Olympics for me!

1 comment:

  1. That fro yo certainly looks delicous to me!

    And front squats always get my quads so good too. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS