Saturday, August 25, 2012

In-Run-Out

I have a quick and sweaty workout to share with you guys today, but we will get to that in a minute.

My Saturday started out with a little bit of spring cleaning, as I went through my closet gathering any clothes that no longer fit or that I no longer wanted, and found a couple of outfits that made me wonder how I even had friends in middle school and high school. Okay, they weren't that bad, but I was definitely no fashionista. I did, however, find about five Juicy Couture jackets (remember those attractive sweatsuits?) that I am going to give away, and I couldn't help but remember when I chose to sport the pink on pink on pink look for my 13th birthday party in seventh grade. It was a winner.

Legally Teen
After some cleaning and some packing, I headed up to City Centre to meet a friend, Hanna, for lunch. She and I were RA's this past year at SRD, and we quickly formed a bond when we got in a bit of trouble together. Trouble twins for life! Anyway, she was home in Houston for the weekend and decided to head out to my neck of the woods, so I did a little bit of shopping at some of my favorite (dangerous) stores before meeting her at Ruggles Green around 1:15pm. After much debate, I opted for the Veggie Nut Burger, sans cheese, with a side of quinoa tauboli, which I have never had before but I recommend it to anyone who likes quinoa. It had the perfect amount of flavor and it really hit the spot.


I got full about halfway through my burger, but it was so good that I decided to just power through and finish it all off. I was very, very full, but I have no regrets about it. It was that good. After our meal, we ventured into a few of the surrounding stores, where I swooned over a stuffed animal replica of Boo, the world's cutest dog. If you are unfamiliar with this bundle of cuteness, please click here and check him out. I promise you won't regret it.

After a quick trip to Michael's, I headed home to relax for a bit before finally motivating myself to hit the gym. I had a bit of a headache, I think from not drinking enough water throughout the day, but I knew I would feel better after a quick workout. And quick it was, but that doesn't mean it wasn't challenging. I took this workout from Carrots 'n' Cake, and I modified it so that I ended up running a little over four miles in just 35 minutes. It was tough, but it's slowly getting me back into distance-running shape. I have clearly been slacking on bootcamp, in favor of more cardio-based workouts this week, but I hope to get back on track with it starting Monday. In the end, my workout looked like this:



I was tempted to slow it down at some points of my run, but I knew it would be over soon enough, so I pushed through it and finished with a 90-second cool down walk before heading home with just enough daylight left to go on my evening walk. Whenever I am home, I try to take advantage of the fact that I have a peaceful neighborhood in which to take walks. I grab my headphones and walk through the streets of the neighborhood I have called home for so many years, loving seeing couples and families walking, biking, or just playing in their front yards. I will miss those walks when I return to Austin!


Now I am occupying my favorite spot on the couch, flipping back and forth between the Phillies and Texans games. Sounds like a solid Saturday night to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS